Learn how easy it is to sync an existing GitHub or Google Code repo to a SourceForge project! See Demo

Close

Help with javaagent aspectjweaver

Help
2010-03-04
2013-05-15
  • Bill Thompson
    Bill Thompson
    2010-03-04

This is my first post, so I apologize if its an easy one…  I'm new to java and the glassbox product, but I'm having an issue getting it to install as a service.  I was able to get it to run using the startup scripts, but that really doesn't help me since I can't leave my account logged in forever.

Setup:
    Apache Tomcat v6.0.13
    Running on W2k 2003 r2 server
    Java 1.5

Problem:
    When I attempt to install as a service it tells me that I need to add 3 lines to the "JAVA" options tab.  I've entered all 3 of these lines exactly like they are on the screen.  However when I click the "Verify Glassbox" link I get the error:

"Application Server Startup Required Parameter -javaagent Error
    aspectjweaver.jar was not found"

Being new to java I'm really at a loss to troubleshoot this becuase the file is in this location:
    -javagent:C:\Program Files\apache-tomcat-6.0.13\lib\aspectjweaver.jar

I've opend the .jar file up and it appears to be correct, from what little I know, but again I'm not sure how to fix this.  The file does exist in the path entered for the javaagent, why can it not find the file???

Any help is GREATLY appreciated.

Thanks,
    Bill

• Joseph Arruda
    Joseph Arruda
    2010-04-13

Did you ever figure this out?  I am now encountering the exact same issue.

• arberg
    arberg
    2010-04-27

I am also having the same issue is there a fix to allow glassbox to start up as a service?

• arberg
    arberg
    2010-04-27

I used "-javaagent:C:\dev\glassbox\\aspectjweaver.jar"

I only copied the aspectjweaver.jar to that directory and its working fine.  The suggested resolution didn't work for me.

I found the resolution see https://issues.apache.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=37674

• tareqini
    tareqini
    2012-09-26

Hello,
    i have glassbox.war
    how i config the glassbox with glassfish 3.1.2 step by step
    i can't do it
    thank's