Learn how easy it is to sync an existing GitHub or Google Code repo to a SourceForge project! See Demo

Close

web application not recognized

saravanan
2008-10-19
2013-05-15
  • saravanan
    saravanan
    2008-10-19

Hi,
    I have installed glassbox in WAS 6.0.2. I have the application which I have to monitor the performance. I dont see the monitor page showing details of the application. It shows 2 applications. One is the glassboxMonitor and the other one being the Websphere console. I just had one entry for the application. Why is that the monitoring is not seen. I use EJB's but right now I am not very much interested in the EJB part. I am right now interested in the primary functionality of login and initial application traversing which is not seen in the glassbox monitor. Please help me.

Regards
    US

• I successfully installed Glassbox into a WAS 6.0 ND with a Portal instance.
      Although I only received the most rudimentary statistics, it did work!
      Obviously you have chose to instrument/monitor the (server1 maybe..) JVM that runs the admin Console, so the question is. It the same JVM/Appserver process that you use to host your application?

• Ron Bodkin
      Ron Bodkin
      2009-04-27

Glassbox will show you data for the applications where it is running and it can also collect data from other servers, from which it is configured to collect remote data. Glassbox reports summary statistics for operations (user request responses) that perform adequately, but provides details of slow or failing requests. You can get more details from the JMX interface, to see details of time spent and resources used for each operation and nested activity.

Ron