even it is yet a biut flawky, renderers can now be exchanged at runtime.When this is fixed, we will release the version 0.3. This will contain one new renderer (opengl). The phone renderer will hopefully be ready for 0.4.
We currently try to make gitk to work on windows via cygwin. As of now, it builds and partially runs.
We try to solve the last issues (dll naming schemes) and then head for the next release (0.3).
Visit us at the CeBIT 2004 fair in Hannover/Germany in Hall 11/D31 (Project 8) until 24.March.2004
the current CVS of GITK has many changes:
* the core module can now be built to include an internal http-server
* one can use this frontend to inspect and change a currently running
* view the xml dialog definitions (source and transformed)
* change locale and style on the fly!
I currently investigate how to change the style for gtk+ apps locally.
Further I prepare the software so that renderers can be switched at run-time.
we now have a permanent IRC discussion channel at :
server ist : irc.de.quakenet.org
port : 6667
channel : #gitk
many thanks to the http://www.quakenet.org team and especially to gee!
This release brings many fixes since the first release.
The source-code documentation has been largly updated as well.
I finally brushed up the homepage with CSS a bit.
Hope you like it.
I have compiled and released the first set of files for public consumtion.
With this release you can get a preview of gitks idea of platform independent multimodal dialogs.
Personally I hope, that this release will raise public interest in this project a bit, means comments, help, ideas, developers are very welcome.
new method for querying properties has been added.
this was long due and now many TODOs can be solved and hacks fixed.
i18n benutzt den namespace vom apache cocoon i18n translator
two more renderer now have sources in cvs. they do nothing yet, but compile and run without crashing ;-)
gitk now has a proper unicode handling.
all internal strings are UTF-8.
today we've commited some changes to ensure better compatibillity. gitk compiles on sparc/solaris and i386/suse8.2. others unixes should do as well.
please tell us if you have problems.
okay it is just source-docs, but he this sounds like a good start to me.
I welcome our new developers, who are working on a 3d-environment based renderer and on using gitk with real-world examples.
hello to the two new developers, who will work on a rendering module (html and phone) each.
* I added code for doing the domain transformation.
* the gtk renderer can display nexted groups
* I am about to support nested groups in the text renderer
Apart from the usual refactorising here and there, the text-renderer can now do speech output via festival.
I finally took a stab at removing obsolete files in CVS and fixed portabillity issues in configure stuff
* now there is a basic characterinput-handler
* thus we can now enter/edit string in both text and gtk+ mode
* the edit data get properly propagated to the tree-model
* recently I implemented the callback api
* I have now a simpe example where one can navigate around and triggers simple events.
we're approaching the cvs import stage
initial setup for gitk-project completed