Menu

Color Change upon saving

Help
nec00005
2012-04-10
2013-05-15
  • nec00005

nec00005 - 2012-04-10

I have been having problems with images that I save appearing to be more saturated and have more contrast than the edit looks in the GIMP window. I tried playing around to figure out what it might be and found that when I open an image in GIMP, the image displayed in the program is less saturated and less contrasty than the original image without any changes made. When I save the unedited image, the new image looks like the old image, both more saturated and contrasty than the image displayed in the GIMP window. Because of the color change in the GIMP window, all of my edits are pointless because it is not showing me the correct outcome. My images are originally JPG format and I save/export in JPG format. Any idea of how to fix this?

• nec00005

nec00005 - 2012-04-11

Here is a link to a post with an example of what I am talking about. http://gimpforums.com/thread-color-change-in-the-gimp-window A preview of the original image is on the right. The image opened in the GIMP window is on the left. If I save the original image without editing it, the preview matches the preview of the original image.