Learn how easy it is to sync an existing GitHub or Google Code repo to a SourceForge project! See Demo

Close

Quitting Gimp

Barb
2011-01-04
2013-05-15
  • Barb
    Barb
    2011-01-04

I'm new to Gimp, and I'm having a problem quitting the software.  I have no problem opening Gimp or editing a photo.  Just doing basic stuff to experiment right now.  However, when I quit Gimp, there is a screen that looks like a grid with many squares on the screen of my Mac.  And while the Gimp program seems to quit, this screen doesn't close and the only way I've gotten rid of it is to turn my computer off and restart the osx. 
    I'm running Snow Leopard 10.6.5, X11 is v 2.3.6 and Gimp is 2.6.11. 

I love what I'm able to do with Gimp, but am I quitting incorrectly or is there another problem?

Thanks, Barb

• It looks like you've enabled X11 fullscreen mode. CMD + ALT + A will toggle this.

• Barb
    Barb
    2011-01-05

Yes, that's what happened.  When I started Gimp this time, the X11 screen/grid came up again.  I used the command you offered and the grid/screen minimized.  I went into X11 preferences and "full screen" was checked.    Don't know how I did that.  Also didn't realize X11 stays behind Gimp's menus.  It will take a little getting used to.  Thanks for your help.