From: Robert Krawitz <rlk@al...> - 2009-06-14 02:15:01
Gutenprint 5.2.4-rc1 is a prerelease of Gutenprint 5.2.4. This has a
number of bug fixes and minor new features, in addition to support for
a few additional printers.
1) New printers supported in this release:
Canon SELPHY CP-520
EPSON Stylus Photo R2880
EPSON Stylus DX4000
2) Printing to the Epson PM-D600 has been corrected.
3) Printing to the EPSON Artisan 700 and 800 and Stylus Photo
P/TX700 and 800 series printers has been corrected. Among other
issues, it should now be possible to print reliably using the
4) The names of the following Epson printers have been corrected:
EPSON Stylus Photo PX700W
EPSON Stylus Photo TX700W
EPSON Stylus Photo PX800FW
EPSON Stylus Photo TX800FW
5) The names of various Ricoh and Ricoh-based printers have been
corrected to match Ricoh's model names and the OpenPrinting
6) Support has been added for L-size paper with tear-off borders.
7) The ordering of inks in quadtone ink sets on Epson printers has
been corrected. In addition, support has been added for MIS
quadtone and 6 tone inks.
8) It is now possible to adjust the ink parameters for quadtone
inks in CUPS. Previously, these parameters could only be
adjusted in the enhanced Print plugin for GIMP and other native
9) Updating CUPS PPD files is now faster.
Robert Krawitz <rlk@...>
Tall Clubs International -- http://www.tall.org/ or 1-888-IM-TALL-2
Member of the League for Programming Freedom -- mail lpf@...
Project lead for Gutenprint -- http://gimp-print.sourceforge.net
"Linux doesn't dictate how I work, I dictate how Linux works."