problems migrating GS 9.10 -> 9.14 | PDF save eror 110?

• johnny_canuck

Greetings --

First time posting to the GS forum, so apologies if I'm missing some of the important details.

I use GS on the back-end for generate PDFs I create following a .tex -> .dvi -> .ps -> .pdf sequence from within LaTeX (using MikTeX). For the last step, I'm using ps2pdf, with the following flags:

-dBATCH -dNOPAUSE -sDEVICE=pdfwrite -r1200 -dCompatibilityLevel=1.7 -dPDFSETTINGS=/prepress -dEmbedAllFonts=true

Now, this all works perfectly, except that with 9.14, when I try to save the PDF file (from within Adobe Acrobat Pro X), I get a '110 error' (file can't be read, saved....). I don't get this error at all with GS 9.10 - only 9.14. And, the problem doesn't happen all the time, only for some files (presumably, they contain some offensive element or two causing Adobe Acrobat to balk).

I realize the preceding is sufficiently vague that an obvious 'solution' isn't likely, so I'm hoping someone can help me collate a list of various things that I can record on my side (log files, etc) to help suss out what the route cause of the problem is. For now, I can work happily with GS 9.10 (and, quite honestly, don't really have a compelling reason to upgrade to 9.14, but generally do just in case there is some 'fix' that I am unaware of).

Thanks in advance...