We are pleased to announce the release of Gfarm file system version
2.1.0 and Gfarm2fs version 1.0.1.
Major update is to support GSI (Grid Security Infrastructure) and some
key features including group management and disk usage report.
Gfarm2fs now supports statfs() which enables 'df' command.
This release includes performance improvement for remote read and
write from a distant location, which may cause poor performance when
accessing to old gfsd in version 2.0.0. We recommend to upgrade all
file system nodes at the same time although we keep the compatibility.
Release note for Gfarm 2.1.0
* Grid Security Infrastructure (GSI) support
* gfgroup - manage groups
* gfdf - report usage of Gfarm file system
* gfs_replicate_to(3), gfs_migrate_to(3), gfs_migrate_from_to(3)
* manual pages - gfdf(1), gfmkdir(1), gfrmdir(1), gfwhere(1), gfwhoami(1),
gfkey(1), gfarm2.conf(5), gfsd(8), and gfmd(8).
* SETUP, Gfarm-FAQ
* enlarge the block size of remote I/O from 256KB to 1MB to improve
remote read/write performance from a distant location
* gfrep - full feature support
* gfrm - support deletion of a file replica
* gfsd - support a feature to check a spool directory when starting up
* config-gfarm - support of a private mode and GSI
* gfhost - port number cannot be modified
* gfrep - recover the state when replica creation fails
[sf.net tracker bugs #1929840]
* a security hole of GFS_PROTO_REPLICA_RECV, pointed out by
* possible segfault when deleting a user or a host
* default available capacity is set accidentally to 100GB
* fix race condition when obtaining all host information
Department of Computer Science, University of Tsukuba
1-1-1 Tennodai, Tsukuba, Ibaraki 3058577 Japan