Learn how easy it is to sync an existing GitHub or Google Code repo to a SourceForge project! See Demo

Close

Vendor Hewlett-Packard displayed incorrectly

2013-10-22
2013-10-22
  • Looking at the Statistics page where the host vendors are displayed, Hewlett-packard shows up as "Hp|hewlett.?packard". Is there a setting to fix this or do I need to patch the php code?
    Thank you in advacne for your advise!

• Marc Uebel
    Marc Uebel
    2013-10-22

Hi
    Do I understand you right that there does not appear the HP icon?
    How did you configured HP for the hosts? Via the ip_modip_form.cgi form or where the venders automatically configured by SNMP discovery?
    If you configured the vendors manually, did you used the vendor select box or did you introduced the vendor in the vendor text-field?
    Regards
    Marc

Last edit: Marc Uebel 2013-10-22
  • We have got 205 hosts shown as "Hp" with correct logo, but another 2 showing up as "Hp|hewlett.?packard" (see attached PNG). I have typed in a lot of machines using the drop down list, so I can only assume that these two have been discovered by a SNMP scan because I cannot tell how to distinguish between these in the MySQL-DB.

Attachments
  • Just found these two entries in my MySQL-DB but cannot tell how they got in:
    mysql> select * from custom_host_column_entries where cc_id=2 and entry like "%ewlett%";
    +-------+-------+---------+---------------------+-----------+
    | cc_id | pc_id | host_id | entry | client_id |
    | 2 | 1 | 1478 | hp|hewlett.?packard | 1 |
    | 2 | 1 | 1483 | hp|hewlett.?packard | 1 |
    2 rows in set (0.00 sec)

• Marc Uebel
    Marc Uebel
    2013-10-22

Thank a lot for this information.
    The problem will be fixed with the next patch.
    Regards
    Marc