From: Rob Hranac <robhranac@ya...> - 2003-07-28 19:26:14
In preparation for this afternoon's IRC, I have prepared a summary of
our status and the process moving forward. I will keep this up-to-date;
all module maintainers should read it and make sure they understand it.
You can find it here: http://geotools.digitalearth.org/gt2-release.htm.
Here is a summary of where we are.
- All modules but SVG (James) have been reported on.
- All modules need release dates from their maintainers (except
Shapefile which - in typical fashion - IanS has already finished).
Release dates are the times the maintainers will have all dependencies
and critical issues fixed.
- All modules (except Shapefile) need to be completed by release dates.
There are some decisions to make during the IRC:
- Overall release date (if possible)
- VPF in or out?
- All docs need to be in English?
- Minor PMD, checkstyle discussion.
- Dependency discussion (also re. SLD)
slashdot for geo: http://digitalearth.org
From: Martin Desruisseaux <martin.desruisseaux@te...> - 2003-07-28 19:44:19
Rob Hranac a =E9crit :
> There are some decisions to make during the IRC:
> - All docs need to be in English?
In long term, yes. In short term, I will probably not make it for the=20
beta release. It may not a big deal, since:
- The majority of the documentation is already translated in English.
- Most untranslated docs are in private or package-private classes;
they will not appears in the JavaDoc.
- Remaining public French comments appears in auxiliary classes
(e.g. the "science" module), which are not likely to be widely
used at this time.
- A fair amount of Geotools code have no comments at all...
French comments may be like no comments at all for most peoples,
but at least it put the road for an English comment at some later