shape files that contains more than one language (encoded with UTF-8) are not handeled correctly when they are loaded into oracle usgin georaptor
I tried to load the same file into postgres using postgis shape file loader, it worked fine, the file was loaded correctly. I tried to migrate the tables from postgres to oracle using ogr2ogr and the loading was successful. all the names appeared in their correct formate (encoding). however, loading the same shape file directly into oracle using georaptor would distroy the encoding of the names and hence the names are not readable. I attached the shape file which I used, I think Georaptor should have the option to choose the correct encoding before loading shapefiles into oracle. Moreover, when using the insert statement use the UNISTR() function to inforce that any varchar2 would be encoded using UTF-8. This may solve the problem but I am not sure.