We're proud to announce the release of GeoNetwork opensource 2.4.0. This is a major release for the project.
GeoNetwork opensource (http://geonetwork-opensource.org) is a standards based geospatial catalog application that helps people and organizations to organize and publish their geospatial data through the web. It is currently used in numerous Spatial Data Infrastructure initiatives across the world. ... read more
Big news :-) You can start testing v2.4.0 Release Candidate 0. The release still needs small updates and bug fixes, but has a lot of new features that I think are unmatched in other geospatial catalog software!
(Make sure you pick the 2.4.0 RC0 release :-) )
Download at this stage is only the multiplatform version. To start the installer you normally only need to double click on the file. If that doesn't work, make sure you have Java 1.5 or higher installer. If you have that, you can also issue the following command from a terminal (DOS) window: java -jar geonetwork-install-2.4.0-RC0.jar... read more
We're happy to announce the release of GeoNetwork opensource 2.2.0. This is a major release for the project.
GeoNetwork opensource (http://geonetwork-opensource.org) is a standards based geospatial catalog application that helps people and organizations to organize and publish their geospatial data through the web. It is currently used in numerous Spatial Data Infrastructure initiatives across the world.... read more
The last Release Candidate of GeoNetwork opensource version 2.2.0 is now available for testing. If no
breaking bugs are found in this release, the Final Release
will follow in two weeks after a vote by the Project
Please test extensively. There is a long list of fixes and
improvements. The release took longer than expected, but
hopefully avoids the need for another RC release.... read more
The second Release Candidate (RC1) of GeoNetwork opensource version 2.2.0 is now available.
This is NOT a stable version and should not be used in production environments. Further releases are planned every two weeks. These are RC2 and the Final release.
Please report problems by submitting a ticket at http://trac.osgeo.org/geonetwork/newticket
Project: GeoNetwork - Geographic Metadata Catalog (geonetwork)
Package: GeoNetwork opensource
Date : 2008-01-25 16:15... read more
We are happy to release a new GeoNetwork opensource Quick Start Guide that explains the installation and use of GeoNetwork opensource in a professional and very useful manner to people new to the system.
The booklet is in printable form and is part of a CD ROM that will be ready for distribution in a couple of days.
The CD-ROM will also be available as ISO image soon.
We're happy to announce the release of GeoNetwork opensource 2.0.2. Both a Desktop and a Server release have been created. We decided reduce the number of different releases to two (desktop and server) to simplify the release and maintenance process. Both releases include InterMap opensource as interactive Web Map Viewer.
The 2.0.2 release is a maintenance release fixing a range of issues discovered in the previous versions. ... read more
GeoNetwork opensource v2.0.1 fixes and improves a number of issues discovered after the release of v2.0.0.
- Search button appeared only half on Internet Explorer
- Calendar pop up in Editor didn't work on IE
- Installation on MySQL 5 had problems with autocommit.
- Download of uploaded resource failed on MySQL
- Improvements on the User administration editing interface
An ordered list of User profiles from unlimited to limited privileges.
The profiles list is multi-lingual now, with translations for French and Spanish included
Editor is the default selected profile when creating a new user
The groups list is visible when creating a new user... read more
The final releases of GeoNetwork & InterMap opensource version 2.0.0 for Desktop and Server installations are available! The Desktop version should make it really easy for people to set up the software on Windows based computers, while the Server version allows full configuration for operational systems. The functionality of both versions is the same however.
The release contains the web based catalog application and the integrated InterMap interactive map client application. More information and downloads can be found on the GeoNetwork community website at http://geonetwork.sourceforge.net . Check out the Software center and the Documentation center.... read more
the last geonetwork release candidate is out. We decided to release another RC for several reasons:
- RC1 had a configuration bug that prevented it from starting up correctly. This was very annoying for users not deeply involved into the project and this had to be fixed quickly.
- We need some more time to test the intermap integration.
Anyway, the final release is scheduled for the next week and this RC2 will be very little different from that.... read more
here it is. This release is the first (and hopefully the last) release candidate. Almost all bugs have been fixed. From now, new bugs should be reported by the bug-tracking system. Beside the bugs fixed, this release has the following main adds:
- empty templates for the DC and FGDC schemes
- possibility to turn a metadata into a template and viceversa.
- "last results" button... read more
this new beta fixes only a bug with groups that prevented new metadata from being shown making the beta unusable. There are a few other fixes (see docs/changes.txt for more info).
this release implements almost all planned features and fixes many bugs. There are still some pending bugs and activities to do but we are working hard. We plan to release the final version on October.
the second beta of GeoNetwork is finally out. There are many improvements over the previous one as like as new bugs. The main purpose of this beta is to allow a deep betatesting of the new features. We are working hard to fix the known bugs and to add the more requested features. A new beta will be probably out at the end of September. The beta3 will be probably the last beta before the final release.... read more
the first official beta of version 2 is now available. The major differences respect to the previous internal releases are:
- The installer now allows to install Jetty (this avoids the use of Tomcat but the working scripts work only under linux. Windows script must be fixed).
- Now it is not necessary to startup/shutdown the internal McKoi database: it is done automatically.
- The harvesting procedure is finished. To make it working you have to change the configuration file config.xml to add a schedule. Checkout that file from the CVS to have a configuration example. More docs will follow.... read more
The remote access address to connect to the Food and Agriculture Organization GeoNetwork (http://www.fao.org/geonetwork) has changed. The new IP address is: 126.96.36.199:2100
To update your GeoNetwork catalog application, please update all IP references to FAO in the /geonetwork/web/xml/repositories.xml file
A version 2 of GeoNetwork is currently under development through a collaboration of FAO-UN with the UN Environment Programme (UNEP). The release of this version is foreseen for December 2004. A beta version will be released soon.
So, what's new? The list is fairly large, but probably the most important things are:
- Support for metadata based on XML-schema fromatted standard. This allows GeoNetwork to validate metadata entries using a schema like the upcoming ISO19139 Implementation schema for ISO19115.
- Support for multiple metadata standards.
- New search engine based on Lucene. Searches are performed from secundary memory instead of primary to allow for large quantities of metadata (version 1.2 is limited to the available RAM and reasonable startup time of the system, practically to some 10.000 records).
- Multiple GeoNetwork websites on the same web server.
- Improved web based metadata editor.
- SOAP interface on web services.
- Easier language customization.
- More straight forward application configuration.
- Improved installer with the option to automatically install GeoNetwork using another JDBC database system instead of the default McKoi embedded DB (o.a. Oracle, MySQL, PostgreSQL, MSQL).
A new version of GeoNetwork has been released. The application is available in three different forms:
1- As an integrated application combining GeoNetwork metadata catalog, Intermap Web Map Services HTML client/ viewer application and the lat/lon Deegree Web Map Server v1 with added time dimension.
2- As an integrated application combining GeoNetwork and InterMap.
3- InterMap has been released as a standalone WMS client application, running as an HTML webapp on a webserver.... read more
A Metadata Editor Module is available for download in the Files section. The Module explains the editing of metadata records steps by step. The document is in pdf format.
A new installation instruction document can be downloaded from the docs section that corrects an error in the way the <context> should be written in the Tomcat configuration file