From: heikki doeleman <tropicano@gm...> - 2007-11-15 13:00:35
I have some questions re handling of schemas when importing / validating
(1) when harvesting, how exactly does GN decide which shema to use for
(2) when importing metadata "manually" you can select a destination schema.
Does this mean it will always use the schema you select here, and disregard
any possible xsi:schemaLocation attribute in the metadata?
(3) the destination schemas contain a.o. "iso19115" and "iso19139". I had
understood that iso19115 does not come with a schema, and that iso19139
provides a schema that can validate the iso19115 spec? I must be missing
something here, how are these related?
(4) in the GN distribution I find a directory /schemas, and also a directory
/validation. Both directories contain schemas. What is the role and purpose
of the schemas in the one, and in the other directory?
(5) looking at the schema csw-2.0.1.xsd in GN's directory
/validation/csw/2.0.1, I find that the schema is not valid as it imports
some non-existing schemas (e.g. ../../ows-1.0.0.xsd). What's up with that?
If you have any answers or can point me to up-to-date documentation about
these things, I'll be most grateful !
View this message in context: http://www.nabble.com/Metadata---schemas-tf4811723s18419.html#a13767142
Sent from the geonetwork-users mailing list archive at Nabble.com.