From: Andrew Chamberlain <andyc@co...> - 2008-04-25 11:50:15
I realise this might be an Eclipse problem issue, but I was wondering
what the recommended way of debugging GeoNetwork was?
The method I'm trying (and which I'm used to) is to run Tomcat with
"jpda start" as arguments and then connect Eclipse to the remote JVM
using the "Remote Java Application" launch configuration. However,
after Geonetwork is imported from CVS, it seems Eclipse doesn't
recognise it as a project, and I'm getting the following error message:
"Launch configuration geonetwork references non-existing project
Has anyone else tried and seen this? Alternatively, how do people debug
Andrew Chamberlain wrote:
> I realise this might be an Eclipse problem issue, but I was wondering
> what the recommended way of debugging GeoNetwork was?
> Has anyone else tried and seen this? Alternatively, how do people debug
I'm using Debug mode in Eclipse using Jetty. It should work with the
embed Jetty but I'm using 6.1.3 for dev.
* create a Java project with Jetty
* create another with GeoNetwork svn
* open run or debug eclispe dialog
* Add a new Java application and configure to start Jetty (Main class is
* In source tab of the java app, add the GeoNetwork source project (Also
add Jeeves if needed)
* configure Jetty to start GeoNetwork (adding a new context or ln -s
from webapp folder to eclispe workspace/GeoNetwork/web/geonetwork. (same
for intermap and GeoServer if needed).