Work at SourceForge, help us to make it a better place! We have an immediate need for a Support Technician in our San Francisco or Denver office.

Close

GeditLaTeXPlugin on MacOSX

Help
jizzer
2010-10-29
2013-04-24
  • jizzer
    jizzer
    2010-10-29

Hello,

as I'm totally new to gedit I'm having problems getting the LaTeX plugin to work. Since the foldernames vary from those on a linux system, I had to find the equivalent destinations to put the files.
    I think I managed this, because now I can finally at least see the plugin listed in the gedit preferences, however, it remains greyed-out and can't be ticked.

So here's where I need your help. I would like to know how to fix it. Do I need any additional files??

I put the latest files ("GeditLaTeXPlugin" and "GeditLaTeXPlugin.gedit-plugin") under ~gedit/Contents/Resources/lib/gedit-2/plugins/

Has anyone had similar problems on a Mac ?

jizzer

• Hi,

could you please run gedit from a console, try to activate the plugin and post the output here?

Greets,
    Michael

• mariocup
    mariocup
    2011-03-25

Hi Michael,

I have the same problem. If I start gedit from the command line and try to activate the Latex Plugin I don't see any additional output.

Regards,

Mario

• I doubt that there is no additional output when the plugin crashes on activation. Please run gedit from a console and post the complete output here.

Michael

• mariocup
    mariocup
    2011-03-26

Hi  Michael,

I started gedit from console and I get the following error:

2011-03-26 01:59:30,244 DEBUG resources - Initializing resource locating
    2011-03-26 01:59:30,276 ERROR Environment - /etc/texmf/texmf.cnf not found, using default search paths
    2011-03-26 01:59:30,296 DEBUG Preferences - <value key='BibtexExtensions'> not found
    Traceback (most recent call last):
      File "/Users/mario/.gnome2/gedit/plugins/GeditLaTeXPlugin/__init__.py", line 26, in <module>
        from src import *
      File "/Users/mario/.gnome2/gedit/plugins/GeditLaTeXPlugin/src/__init__.py", line 32, in <module>
        from base.decorators import GeditWindowDecorator
      File "/Users/mario/.gnome2/gedit/plugins/GeditLaTeXPlugin/src/base/decorators.py", line 33, in <module>
        from config import UI, WINDOW_SCOPE_VIEWS, EDITOR_SCOPE_VIEWS, EDITORS, ACTIONS
      File "/Users/mario/.gnome2/gedit/plugins/GeditLaTeXPlugin/src/base/config.py", line 193, in <module>
        from ..bibtex.editor import BibTeXEditor
      File "/Users/mario/.gnome2/gedit/plugins/GeditLaTeXPlugin/src/bibtex/editor.py", line 32, in <module>
        from ..base.job import Job, JobChangeListener, JobManager
      File "/Users/mario/.gnome2/gedit/plugins/GeditLaTeXPlugin/src/base/job.py", line 25, in <module>
        import dbus
    ImportError: No module named dbus

** (gedit-bin:591): WARNING **: Error loading plugin 'LaTeX Plugin 0.2'

Mario