Work at SourceForge, help us to make it a better place! We have an immediate need for a Support Technician in our San Francisco or Denver office.

Close

Plugin install - dependencies problems

Help
Kaylord
2010-04-25
2013-04-24
  • Kaylord
    Kaylord
    2010-04-25

Hi all,
    please forgive me for the noobyness, I'm aware that this problem is not strictly related to this plugin… anyway: I'm actually using an ubuntu 9.04-based distro; I managed to install TexLive 2009 directly from the web (using the installer script) as described here: http://www.tug.org/texlive/quickinstall.html .
    That just to install the most up-to-date version of Texlive, since repositories of Ubuntu 9.04 contain the older texlive 2007.
    So far, so good, installation goes well.
    Now, the problem: I'm gonna install this Latex plugin for Gedit and…
    - using Synaptic: dependencies reported for the package tell me I have to install a lot of texlive* stuff…. That I obviously don't want since the version I manually installed is the most recent one.
    - tried apt-getting the single packages (e.g. Rubber) but… same issue. Dependencies are evaluated and still a lot of stuff I manually installed is present..
    How can I rid off this problem? Thanks in advance ;)

• You could just download the .tar.gz package from SourceForge. It's in Python, so there's no thing to compile, just drag the contents of the .tar.gz into ~/.gnome2/gedit/plugins and you should be good to go (as long as it can actually find all the dependencies, of course… but it won't care what apt-get sees)

Hope this helps!