Work at SourceForge, help us to make it a better place! We have an immediate need for a Support Technician in our San Francisco or Denver office.

Close

No bibtex outline nor cite completion

Help
2008-12-01
2013-04-24
  • anthelios77
    anthelios77
    2008-12-01

Hi, I have a problem with getting the outline to show when viewing bib-files. Also the plugin doesn't give me a list of sources to cite when I use \cite. The bib-file is included with \bibliography() and the name is correct since I get the reference list. The bib-file seems to be valid as far as I can tell as well.

I'm using gedit 2.22.3 with version 0.1.3.2 of the plugin - although it says 0.1.3.1 in LaTeXPlugin.gedit-plugin.

When I run gedit from the terminal I get this: (I have put markers for when I open a tex-file and a bib-file)

-------------------------------

nimbus@haflinger:~$ gedit
    --------------
    loading tex-file.
    --------------
    Traceback (most recent call last):
      File "/home/nimbus/.gnome2/gedit/plugins/LaTeXPlugin/bibtex/BibTeXParser.py", line 76, in __parse
        self.__parse_entry()
      File "/home/nimbus/.gnome2/gedit/plugins/LaTeXPlugin/bibtex/BibTeXParser.py", line 140, in __parse_entry
        value = self.__parse_value()
      File "/home/nimbus/.gnome2/gedit/plugins/LaTeXPlugin/bibtex/BibTeXParser.py", line 183, in __parse_value
        result = BibTeXMacroReference(self.__lexer.reader.line, self.__lexer.reader.column,
    NameError: global name 'BibTeXMacroReference' is not defined
    --------------
    loading bib-file.
    --------------
    Traceback (most recent call last):
      File "/home/nimbus/.gnome2/gedit/plugins/LaTeXPlugin/bibtex/BibTeXParser.py", line 76, in __parse
        self.__parse_entry()
      File "/home/nimbus/.gnome2/gedit/plugins/LaTeXPlugin/bibtex/BibTeXParser.py", line 140, in __parse_entry
        value = self.__parse_value()
      File "/home/nimbus/.gnome2/gedit/plugins/LaTeXPlugin/bibtex/BibTeXParser.py", line 183, in __parse_value
        result = BibTeXMacroReference(self.__lexer.reader.line, self.__lexer.reader.column,
    NameError: global name 'BibTeXMacroReference' is not defined

-------------------------------

Seems to be the same output for both events.

• anthelios77
      anthelios77
      2008-12-02

More on this...

Auto-completion with /cite works now. But only with \cite[]{} and not \cite{}.

About the bibtex outline.. It appears that it is my "month" data entries that are doing it. If I e.g. have month = dec, in one of my entry types all following entries are left out from the outline. month = 12, or month = {dec}, will work though. Is this how it is supposed to work or should I file a bug report?

I use Zotero for generating my bibliography so it could be a bug with that application as well since it doesn't use {} for the name of the month. However, when I look around on the net it seems like the three letter abbreviation of months is what is preferred, without the {}.

• Hi,

I've added this to the bugtracker. Thanks for posting!

Michael