Plugin not running Makeindex

Help
Anonymous
2011-05-30
2013-04-24

• Anonymous
    2011-05-30

Hi. I really love gedit LaTex plugin, but since using BibTex for referencing I haven't been able to get my document to fully compile. I am not sure why rubber is not compiling it all. I have a support question asking the same thing over at .

I have been using the Gedit LaTeX plugin for over a year now, but I recently converted my references to bibtex. It is my understanding that the plugin should run bibtex and makeindex automatically, but I have not found that.

I have thesis.tex, so once I have compiled in Gedit I have to run:

bibtex thesis

and then:

makeindex -o thesis.and thesis.adx

Which then produces the final PDF perfectly.

Any ideas on how to integrate this process into the Gedit LaTeX plugin so it happens automatically? It is not that using these commands is difficult (it is not), but that it seems that they should be run by Gedit when they are not.

Just to add: I am running Ubuntu 10.04, Rubber 1.1, Gedit 2.30.3, pdfTeX 3.1415926-1.40.10-2.2 (TeX Live 2009/Debian)

UPDATE: I get this message when compiling:

Couldn't find input index file thesis nor thesis.idx.
    Usage: makeindex [-ilqrcgLT] [-s sty] [-o ind] [-t log] [-p num] [idx0 idx1 ...]
    could not make index thesis.and
    2011-05-25 08:35:53,100 DEBUG   ToolView - Issue{' makeindex [-ilqrcgLT] [-s sty] [-o ind] [-t log] [-p num] [idx0 idx1 ...]', 
    None, None, file:///home/user/Desktop/phd/Usage, 2}

Update: My understanding is that Rubber should run this all for me. Perhaps this is a problem running Rubber? These are the commands that Gedit LaTex plugin runs:

rubber --inplace --maxerr -1 --short --force --warn all --pdf "$filename"
    gnome-open "$shortname.pdf"

They work fine, but do not run makeindex.

UPDATE: I have upgraded to TeXlive 2010, but it has not changed the behaviour of gedit LaTex plugin.Hi. I really love gedit LaTex plugin, but since using BibTex for refrencing I haven't been able to get my document to fully compile. I am not sure why rubber is not compiling it all. I have a support question asking the same thing over at .

I have been using the Gedit LaTeX plugin for over a year now, but I recently converted my references to bibtex. It is my understanding that the plugin should run bibtex and makeindex automatically, but I have not found that.

I have thesis.tex, so once I have compiled in Gedit I have to run:

bibtex thesis

and then:

makeindex -o thesis.and thesis.adx

Which then produces the final PDF perfectly.

Any ideas on how to integrate this process into the Gedit LaTeX plugin so it happens automatically? It is not that using these commands is difficult (it is not), but that it seems that they should be run by Gedit when they are not.

Just to add: I am running Ubuntu 10.04, Rubber 1.1, Gedit 2.30.3, pdfTeX 3.1415926-1.40.10-2.2 (TeX Live 2009/Debian)

UPDATE: I get this message when compiling:

Couldn't find input index file thesis nor thesis.idx.
    Usage: makeindex [-ilqrcgLT] [-s sty] [-o ind] [-t log] [-p num] [idx0 idx1 ...]
    could not make index thesis.and
    2011-05-25 08:35:53,100 DEBUG   ToolView - Issue{' makeindex [-ilqrcgLT] [-s sty] [-o ind] [-t log] [-p num] [idx0 idx1 ...]', 
    None, None, file:///home/user/Desktop/phd/Usage, 2}

Update: My understanding is that Rubber should run this all for me. Perhaps this is a problem running Rubber? These are the commands that Gedit LaTex plugin runs:

rubber --inplace --maxerr -1 --short --force --warn all --pdf "$filename"
    gnome-open "$shortname.pdf"

They work fine, but do not run makeindex.

UPDATE: I have upgraded to TeXlive 2010, but it has not changed the behaviour of gedit LaTex plugin.

• Anonymous
    2011-05-30

I can't edit the question. Perhaps a moderator could clean it up? Thanks.

• John Kafka
    John Kafka
    2011-06-01

I got this sorted. Close or delete. Thanks.