Cannot open configuration panel in v 0.2 fina

Help
Nosferax
2010-04-24
2013-04-24
  • Nosferax
    Nosferax
    2010-04-24

Whenever I try to open the configuration panel, gedit does nothing, and in the console the following messages are output :

/home/jc/.gnome2/gedit/plugins/GeditLaTeXPlugin/src/util.py:175: GtkWarning: GtkSpinButton: setting an adjustment with non-zero page size is deprecated
      self.__tree = glade.XML(self.filename)
    2010-04-24 15:25:20,704 DEBUG   Preferences - <value key='SpellCheckDictionary'> not found
    2010-04-24 15:25:20,716 ERROR   GladeInterface - Widget 'checkShowToolbar' could not be found in interface description '/usr/lib/gedit-2/plugins/GeditLaTeXPlugin/glade/configure.glade'
    Traceback (most recent call last):
      File "/home/jc/.gnome2/gedit/plugins/GeditLaTeXPlugin/src/__init__.py", line 104, in create_configure_dialog
        return PreferencesDialog().dialog
      File "/home/jc/.gnome2/gedit/plugins/GeditLaTeXPlugin/src/preferences/dialog.py", line 533, in dialog
        check_show_toolbar.set_active(self._preferences.get_bool("ShowLatexToolbar", True))
    AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'set_active'
    ** (gedit:6953): CRITICAL **: gedit_plugins_engine_configure_plugin: assertion `conf_dlg != NULL' failed

Any idea what is happening ?

Thanks in advance.

• First of all, nice avatar! Chaarly… ;-)

To your problem: I need to know which version of the plugin you're using. And could it be that you have one version installed by the package manager and one installed manually?

• Nosferax
    Nosferax
    2010-04-25

Thanks,

I've been using the version 0.2 RC2 in which this bug did not appear, but then I switched to the latest version available for download on source forge which I believe is called 0.2 final. Both were installed manually by putting them into ~/.gnome2/gedit/plugins. I can assert that there was only version installed at the same time, at least in that specific directory.

I also thought it might have been caused by some weird old setting, but I couldn't find any settings not coming from the new package. Are there files put somewhere else ? I have looked into the folder ~/.gconf/apps/gedit-2/plugins folder as well but didn't find anything.