Work at SourceForge, help us to make it a better place! We have an immediate need for a Support Technician in our San Francisco or Denver office.

Close

Garmin Connect Updated - Login Failing

greypen
2014-02-19
2014-03-02
  • greypen
    greypen
    2014-02-19

It looks like Garmin changed their login page today and authentication is now failing for me. Looks like they've got it wrapped up in javascript and urllib doesn't like it.

Last edit: greypen 2014-02-19
  • Dave Lotton
    Dave Lotton
    2014-02-20

Confirmed.

Looks like hey've switched to a different authentication service. Looking at it, but I don't have any clues at the moment.

Welcome any input.

• greypen
    greypen
    2014-02-20

I'm still pretty new with Python and this one looks to be out of my league. I'm not sure if urllib is going to cut it, may need to use something more browser-like to get the proper response from the URL. Maybe Selenium/Webdriver with PhantomJS - I can't find anything simple.

Other suggestions say to use the Chrome developer tools to see what exactly is being sent by the browser. I'll keep poking around and let you know if I get anywhere.

Last edit: greypen 2014-02-20
  • Dave Lotton
    Dave Lotton
    2014-02-26

Excellent! Thanks for the tip, Brandon.

• Dave Lotton
    Dave Lotton
    2014-03-01

Okay, I've got something working based on Brandon's tip (thanks again, Brandon). I've been able to successfully upload a few files.

I need to do a little more work and do some more testing. I also need to figure out how to properly attribute the code since I borrowed heavily from the tapiriik code.

• Kristian
      Kristian
      2014-03-01

Sounds promising!

Tried looking, but didn't find: do you have an unstable git repo or some such?

• Dave Lotton
    Dave Lotton
    2014-03-02

New package uploaded to pypi.

If you installed using pip the following will upgrade your package:

sudo pip install GcpUploader --upgrade

...or you can download and install the tar file from https://pypi.python.org/pypi/GcpUploader

I'm in the process of checking things into the SourceForge repo if you got it from there.

This was a major overhaul of my UploadGarmin.py module. It is not heavily tested. Let me know if you see problems.

Last edit: Dave Lotton 2014-03-02
  • Dave Lotton
    Dave Lotton
    2014-03-02

The new 20140301 file upload to SourceForge seems to be in a perpetual 'Pending' state. Use the pypi link above to grab the tar.gz file if you need it until SF gets things worked out.

DL

Last edit: Dave Lotton 2014-03-02