Werocia
B0rsuk
2005-06-30
2013-05-29
  • B0rsuk
    B0rsuk
    2005-06-30

Hey

I think this deserves separate topic. Anyone coming here for first time should know we need desing for Werocia logo and back of card.

One thing is sure: logo/back of card needs to be good. There's no need to hurry. It should be something most of us agree is really good.

Personally I think the logo shouldn't contain word "Werocia" .It can be written somewhere at the bottom, in smaller text. (this reflects my personal bias, by the way: I'd prefer the game named diffrently than Werocia, and such symbol would allow renaming later)

Here's link for upcoming MTG expansion: Ravinca. Expansion symbol is lame, as you can see, but logo is very nice and gives you a good idea of what I consider pretty.

I'll try to cook something with my GIMP, by the way.

• Jazz Fusion
      Jazz Fusion
      2005-07-01

It's great to hear your using "The Gimp". It's a great program. I use it too.

Anyways I had this idea in mind if you want any inspiration.
      http://k.domaindlx.com/ownageradio/backtest.jpg
      I drew a quick mock up in paint of the idea I had. We could do a final version in The Gimp, or Photoshop however. It's just a simple little design with a crystal and colors coming out of it.

I really like the way the ravinica logo looks and if we had a logo like that one, it would also be very cool. Can't wait to see what you "Cook Up".

• B0rsuk
      B0rsuk
      2005-07-02

Just don't hold your breath. From the look of it you're much more experienced.

I have no concept so far, just playing around with layers to make a decent backgrounds. Then I hope I'll develop some cool-looking symbol and place it in the middle (unless I come up with something very interesting).

My way of GIMPing is to torment a picture until I'm satisfied with it, and it usually takes a lot of time.

By the way: once we clarify licenses for graphics ("Guy in charge" will be back around 20th), it would be nice if you released xcf.gz files to play around with.
      1. Werocia is GPL'ed
      2. It has been said that GPL may not be perfect license for graphics,because it's meant for code blah blah blah)
      3. Despite that, it would be best to have entire game GPL'ed, because having some artists pull off their works later would piss everyone off.

• Jazz Fusion
      Jazz Fusion
      2005-07-02

Yeah I was actually thinking we should have an "Art Review Board" To look for artists, and approve works. It would be nice to have dedicated people working on the issue since art is such an important factor. As long as the people on the board dont get to strict with the art I think it could produce some great card art.