Loading font Problem

Help
2008-11-27
2013-05-29
  • bruno jorge
    bruno jorge
    2008-11-27

When i try to start the game using Mtg module it says:

I/O exception at CheckFont(int,int): Unable to load font './graphics/fonts/windows/cumbc.ttf'

I did all the drills installing fonts as said in the main page of gccg and im using Ubunutu 8.04.

Can anyone tell me what do i need to do?

I tried to google "cumbc.ttf" to download and install and had no luck doing it ...

• bruno jorge
      bruno jorge
      2008-11-27

Solved, went to check ./gccg_packages status and installed fonts-windows and it loaded ...

• How do I do that for windows?  I'm at the same place but i have no idea how to do that. 

• bruno jorge
        bruno jorge
        2008-12-09

dunno... im on linux, you probably should have all the fonts on your computer. Just download all the fonts packages on the list. That will fit.

• I'm having the same problem in windows except it says:

I/O exception at CheckFont(int,int): Unable to load font './graphics/fonts/free/sfd/FreeSansBold.ttf'

• That's the exact same message but I have no idea what t do next.  I have tried reinstalling etc.  I have installed the fonts available in the gccg/graphics/fonts directory.  No change.  I didn't used to have this problem and after not having time to play for a couple months it just came up.  Either something has changed on the server side or a windows update made gccg not work. 

--aarotech

• edit:
      Since it doesn't even have a chance to connect it can't be on the server side.  But then how did this come to happen?  I have not messed with gccg at all and the error was not there before.  This makes me think there is some new security protocol in windows from an update that changes the way fonts are loaded.  Maybe gccg needs to ask permission from some security daemon to do it's thing regarding fonts.  Just a thought.  It'd be nice if microsoft described the things that they do with each update.  Maybe they do but I've never had to find out about it. 

--aarotech

• which subroutine in gccg_packages do i modify and how? 

--aarotech

• im having same prob iv never played b4 and would like to try
      when this is solved i ask someone please email me at ratajczakf@yahoo.ca
      cause i'll probably forget about this by the time theres a solution

• A fix is on its way. Meanwhile, you can add

--windows-fonts

to your Game.bat.

Fix is made for Linux version. Windows version still needs recompile.