GCB@Syn Released with the latest Hot Release - New Download Available

Anobium
2014-05-25
2015-04-02
  • Anobium
    Anobium
    2014-05-25

GCB@Syn is an IDE for Great Cow Basic created and maintained by Frank Steinberg, see www.FrankSteinberg.de for more information on the author.

The IDE is for Great Cow Basic. Great Cow Basic is an open source basic compiler for AVR and PIC microcontrollers.

Frank has refreshed the IDE with the latest Great Cow Basic Hot Release - thank you Frank!

Please see http://sourceforge.net/projects/gcbasic/files/IDE/GCB%40Syn/GCB%40Syn.zip/download for the download.

• joe rocci
      joe rocci
      2014-08-21

Is there a forum for GCB@SYN where users can post observations/requests/bugs?

Joe

• Hi Joe,

Is there a forum for GCB@SYN where users can post observations/requests/bugs?

GCB@SYN is a compilation of several software components. For the main part, the SynWrite editor, there is a forum at
        http://synwrite.sourceforge.net/forums/

For everything related on GCBasic here is the right place :-)

Regards
        Steini

• Anobium
          Anobium
          2014-08-22

@Joe. Did you relating to the GCB specific build of SynWrite called GCB@SYN?

I could easily add a new forum for GCB support software and tools. This could address areas like:
          Pickit2
          Pickit3
          GCB@SYN.
          GCB Converters (these are the barely documented GCB add-ins).
          etc.

Is this what you are thinking?

• playinmyblues
      playinmyblues
      2015-02-18

Is there a place where we can post questions and/or corrections to the GCB Programming Manual, v 1.2?

• Anobium
        Anobium
        2015-02-18

Create a new posting in the Help forum, thank you.

Please attach the original document.

Last edit: Anobium 2015-02-18
      • Where is the manual are you referring to?
        I have one that was written under a similar title so I'm curious if you are referring to that.

• playinmyblues
          playinmyblues
          2015-02-20

I have downloaded two manuals. One is the manual accessible at this link:
          http://www.greatcowbasic.com/uploads/9/2/9/8/9298268/gcb_chipino_user_manual_v1.0_-_sample.pdf

The other manual is available at this link:
          http://www.greatcowbasic.com/uploads/9/2/9/8/9298268/greatcowbasic_programming_manual_v1_2.pdf

I have been using the second manual lately as it has the later version number. I see that the manual available from the first link is the one on the GCB homepage so I should probably be using that one. I also see that it has some information on using the PICKit 2 which the v1.2 one does not have.

• Yeah, those are mine. Just send anything you find to chuck@elproducts.com.
            Thanks.

• playinmyblues
          playinmyblues
          2015-02-20

Thanks. I will be posting on the Help section about the little errors I find.

• Anobium
            Anobium
            2015-02-20

Thank you. All feedback is good feedback. I am currently updating the Help with the new functionality so this is very timely .

Posting to the help and emailing Chuck could be great.

Anobium

• I didn't realize he was already posting to the help page when I sent my email. You can keep posting to the help site, I'll get it from there.

• Anobium
    Anobium
    2014-05-26

Website and links have been updated to reflect this release. I have uploaded all changes to the website to SourceForge.

:-)

• This is great but a bit confusing because GCB@SYN is on the stable page yet now contains the hot release while at the same time the hot release is still on the unstable page.
    Should the hot release now officially become the stable release and any changes going forward should start a new hot release?

• Anobium
      Anobium
      2014-05-26

Good point. I have corrected the words on the web pages. GCB@SYN now only refers to the release date.

• JANIS
    JANIS
    2014-06-04

Hello!
    The command pulseIn in example in Help file is correct???

the command : PulseIn pin, variable, time units
    but the example:

chip 12F629, 4

config INTRC_OSC_NOCLKOUT

Dir GPIO.0 In

Pulsein TimeResult GPIO.0, 1 sec

(!!!! here: PulseIn variable pin, time units)

?????

• William Roth
    William Roth
    2014-07-11

From looking at the stdbasic.h file, the correct syntax is:

PulesIn pin, variable, units

So the example is clearly wrong and needs to be corrected.

Pulsein only supports positive pulses and and could be made much more diverse if there were another configuration variable for "polarity" since many of pulses to be measured are negative or low going pulses.

This would be quite simple to add.