Menu

GCBasic SynWrite not Using GCBasic Help

Help
2015-02-15
2015-02-15
  • playinmyblues

playinmyblues - 2015-02-15

Hi. I am quite new to GCBasic and ended up using the install file available from the GCBC Starter Kit Software on the Home page. The program works well but the Help must be the standard SynWrite Help as there is no information about GCBasic.

I found the GCBasic Help file and have made a link to it so I can access it easily. I do not know how to get SynWrite to access this part of the IDE and have not found anything on the forum that gives me a good idea of how to correct the problem. Thanks for the Help - lol.

• Frank Steinberg

Frank Steinberg - 2015-02-15

Hi and welcome to GCB!

What happens, when you press F1 or click the icon with the question mark at the toolbar?

What happens when you place the cursor at a GCB-keyword an do the same?

Steini

• playinmyblues

F1 and the Cow? icon bring up GCB Help while the pulldown menu at the top, Help > Help topics brings up SynWrite Help. SynWrite Help might be of use at some point, after I get used to using GCB.

• playinmyblues

kent_twt4 posted this reply on the other post on this topic:

Make sure the Toolbar "1" under the View/Toolbar menu is checked. Then you will see the Cow? icon haha.

Reply: That option was already checked. I still tend to use the pulldown menus a lot as I grew up in a time when that was when Windows used them heavily. I still like to use them as most of the options for the program are still found there.

Thanks for the tip. It brings to mind that I should be looking around a little more before I post.