Learn how easy it is to sync an existing GitHub or Google Code repo to a SourceForge project! See Demo

Close

7 segment display dot

Help
Marcoos
2013-06-28
2013-08-27
  • Marcoos
    Marcoos
    2013-06-28

please, can anyone tell me how to make the dot appear on a character in the 7-segment display?
    I have 4 display and everything works fine, but the dot can not figure out how to switch it on, I use a char display.
    Thanks Marcoos

• Marcoos
    Marcoos
    2013-08-26

Please I repeat the question,I have to display the message "E20.P" on the 7segment 4digit.
    How can I see the point, every attempt has failed.
    The last idea is to not use the command to GcBASIC but to use the pin from my routine.
    No one knows the way? I'm using the display char, only works with the display value? Thank you, it is very necessary for my project.

• Anobium
    Anobium
    2013-08-26

I have not used this type of display, but, have you a CONSTANT as below?

#define DISP_SEG_DOT PORTa.y

Then, this should force the decimal point to be on.

Please review the HELP file. Search for DISP_SEG_DOT

• Marcoos
    Marcoos
    2013-08-26

thanks, but I did it, the problem is how to insert it in the message to be displayed 7segment.h I also analyzed the file, and as you can see I've found seems a little mistake, but the point is not shown in any way.
    If someone has already antidepressant this function would be a great help.
    thanks again

• Marcoos
    Marcoos
    2013-08-27

thanks for the help, finally I managed, the misunderstanding was born because the documentation is poor, and I understood that once declared DISP_SEG_DOT, on just add 128 to the de issue to see the point.
    In the coming days will attach the routine ended up as support for others in the future.