Learn how easy it is to sync an existing GitHub or Google Code repo to a SourceForge project! See Demo

Close

MakerPlot

2014-01-17
2014-01-17
  • Jack Hoffnung
    Jack Hoffnung
    2014-01-17

Have started using GCB with MakerPlot via RS-232 connection, and it works fine.
    However, I have to send multiple ASCII codes to MakerPlot get it to plot digital data,
    requiring multiple SerSend instructions. Is there a way to use SerSend so that multiple ASCII codes can be sent at once? More specifically, how do I avoid this:
    Sersend 1,32 : SerSend 1,65 : SerSend 1,68 : Sersend 1,67 : Sersend 1,32 : SerSend 1,56 : SerSend 1,93

• kent_twt4
    kent_twt4
    2014-01-17

Not familiar with MakerPlot. If you have a defined set of values/variables each sample period, then using an array could clean things up?

dim plot(7)
    plot(1) = 32
    plot(5) = 32

start:
    'plot(2) = ReadAD(AN0), plot(3) = ReadAD(AN1),.......
    for buffers = 1 to plot(0)    'plot(0) is size of array
        SerSend 1, plot(buffers)
    next
    wait 1 s
    goto start

• Jack Hoffnung
    Jack Hoffnung
    2014-01-17

Thanks for the reply; I think using your idea will do the trick!

• Jack Hoffnung
    Jack Hoffnung
    2014-01-17

By the way, MakerPlot is an upgrade of the old Stamp Plot software; lets you plot analog and digital data in multiple and customizable formats, and has a nice debug window; works with most micros. And it's very affordable.

• kent_twt4
    kent_twt4
    2014-01-17

Sounds interesting, now if I can only just finish off some of my other projects, I could give it a try... :).