Program simulation

Marcoos
2013-05-06
2013-05-30
  • Marcoos
    Marcoos
    2013-05-06

Hello

I am using gcbasic and this is a very useful package, and I found gpsim which is a powerful simulator, you can generate the file "coff" it needs for this simulator?
    No one has ever tried anything?
    Thanks to all, Marco

• Marcoos
    Marcoos
    2013-05-06

Oops the extension are .cod and .stc
    Thanks

• You can load the .asm file into MPLAB and simulate it there with the built in simulator.
    It will also make a .cod file.
    Don't know what a .stc is.

• Marcoos
    Marcoos
    2013-05-07

Thank you for the information, I will try to use it, but I'm not a friend of mplabs, and was looking for a alternative to generate the file. Cod. In addition gpsim is a different thing, try to look by typing in google gpsim …… can simulate display, keys, etc. …….
    It would be a nice open source package ….
    Unfortunately I am not able to develop the generator, and then asked in the forum if somebody smarter than me had or could develop this.
    For now I'm happy to report bugs, or make demands that could affect everyone, if nobody takes it badly ……. Thanks anyway

• I like it. It would be a great addition to Great Cow Basic.
    MPLAB creates the .cod file through the MPASM assembler I believe so
    I'm sure there is a way to create the .cod file from the command line.
    And since Great Cow Basic uses MPASM there is probably a way to generate it.
    I just don't know how. Have to do a little investigation unless someone out there already knows.

• Marcoos
    Marcoos
    2013-05-08

well, this is good news, I also try to do some experiments, are not a top, but I have a hard head!
    Thank you and we hope that others have something to say about this.
    Surely Hugh could give us a hand?