Learn how easy it is to sync an existing GitHub or Google Code repo to a SourceForge project! See Demo

Close

Updated LDAP to work with GData 2.0

Developers
2010-09-21
2013-04-23
  • Matt Powell
    Matt Powell
    2010-09-21

Hi all,

I've modified the code to play nicely with GData 2.0. I deleted pretty much everything that was there for Google authentication and CSV parsing and replaced it with the ContactsService class (which is the right way to do it now). I also got rid of all the CSV parsing code and instead interact with the ContactFeed and ContactEntry classes and just cache the contacts as a serialized ArrayList of GmailContact instances (as well as the XML and HTML versions).

This should be a lot, lot more future proof and maintainable as it shields the app from directly parsing HTTP and worrying about Google's implementation details.

The diff/patch will be a bit difficult as there are new library dependencies (the updated libs as well as the new "gdata-contacts-3.0" and a few core dependencies.

Whoever is an owner of this project, please let me know if and how you want me to contribute this.

Cheers,
    //matt

• Oon-Ee Ng
    Oon-Ee Ng
    2010-09-28

Hi matt,

It does seem that this project is quite dead. Would you mind hosting the modified code somewhere? I doubt you'd ever get a response here….

A pity, gcaldaemon is a really good tool.

• Yes, very good tool, and there is no equivalent as far as I know. Maybe it's time to start a fork, or ask Sourceforge to give a login to it ? They do that sometimes when a project is completely dead.

• Matt Powell
    Matt Powell
    2010-10-25

Unless someone screams very loudly I'm just going to set up a Github repo with my modified source.

• Oon-Ee Ng
    Oon-Ee Ng
    2010-10-25

Please do. I'll help test =). May I assume you'd be posting tarballs in addition to merely the source on the repo?

• Matt Powell
    Matt Powell
    2010-10-25

Yeah, I'll compile at least for MacOS and maybe Linux. However please don't hold your breath, I think my wife has just started contractions.. number 2 is due any day now :-) Some time in the next couple of weeks I'll get it uploaded.

Incidentally, I also removed all the static JAR dependencies and converted it over to get all dependencies from Maven.

• Jason Boerner
    Jason Boerner
    2010-11-21

Has this been forked?  Where is the updated project?

Thanks

• Matt Powell
    Matt Powell
    2010-11-24

Correct!

My second child was born 2 weeks ago so I got a little distracted. I'll get it up as soon as I get a second.

//matt