Just a small release before a new rewrite using node.js, two things added:
- use longchar instead of character for external interfaces requests (PHP/Python/Java)
- can run on source code with no compilation
the new version of ganimede 1.4.0 will include the api support for PHP which was available only in Plus version till now. I've started the development of Java api library and I hope this will be also available into the next release.
If anyone is willing to spend some time to translate the api to other languages like Perl, Python, VB or what ever you might use out here please don't hesitate to contact me.... read more
Improved installation script for *nix systems, added libraries check on build process (particularly useful for Solaris OS).
Added mechanism for posting XML document to the server that will allow sending of xml formatted information to be processed by server (ex: MS.XMLHTTP).
Ganimede running in somehow production environment:
GPX4 CRM Online - http://www.gpx4.nl/cgi-bin/gnm_cgi.sh/crm/gnmstatus
Social Security Senegal - http://www.secusociale.sn/cgi-bin/gnm_cgi.sh/ws/gnmstatus
Romanians French portal http://news.tomescu.com
Simple socket functions set build as a shared library that can be used on Win32 starting from V8, on Unix unfortunately just from V9.
- dns resolver (GetHostName&&GetHostAddr)
- service resolver (GetServiceName&&GetServicePort)
- simple service result grabber (GetServiceResult)
- simple client request grabber (GetClientRequest)
- simple SMTP send mail (SmtpMailTo)
- service status checker (TestServiceTO)... read more