Using gyach Improved's web cam?

Jeff
2005-05-07
2013-04-03
  • Jeff
    Jeff
    2005-05-07

Would it be possible to use gyach improved's
    web cam to broadcast? Supposidly it could be used with other programs if you read the readme.
    This version of gyach enhanced works on broadcasting but it is a little flacky particularly I sometimes have to restore the config folder to its previous state I save a couple backups of the directory and have to restore it sometimes. But its worth taking a look at.
    http://www.geocities.com/bareassed_beachbum/

• Peter Canada
      Peter Canada
      2005-05-18

I notice they are working on something called FARSIGHT already which enhances the boradcast ability.

• Natanael Copa
        Natanael Copa
        2005-05-24

There are some patches for the gyach-enhanced on at gentoo bugzilla for broadcasting cam on yahoo. I have done the autoconf and video patches. The nice thing is that the yahoo webcam upload is a separate application. I am seriously thinking of forking the webcam app out. Gaim-vv (or even gaim) could just start an external executable with the screen name and webcam key as a parameter. It could mabye be used meanwhile someone else is coding a proper yahoo webcam.

• Peter Lawler
      Peter Lawler
      2005-05-24

Gyach uses python. We use pure C code.

Additionally, doing the Yahoo broadcast isn't that hard, loosely it's turning the receive to work in the other direction. It's just a matter on time.

• smw
        smw
        2005-05-24

>Gyach uses python. We use pure C code.

>Additionally, doing the Yahoo broadcast isn't that hard, loosely >it's turning the receive to work in the other direction. It's just a >matter on time.

I'm confused.  gaim-vv already DOES receive.  So if the broadcast isn't that difficult, why hasn't it been implemented?

• Peter Lawler
          Peter Lawler
          2005-05-24

Yes, it does already receive. Broadcast is largely converting the procedure to work in the otherdirection.

Having said that, things still take time to code and to test. As the website says, feel free to email the developers some time.