gaim: conversation reply notifications

chrismol
2007-03-15
2013-04-03
  • chrismol
    chrismol
    2007-03-15

I recently upgraded to Gaim 2.0 beta and it seems that functionality to visually alert me when a buddy responds in a conversation is gone. In WinXP, the app tab used to blink on and off in the taskbar, letting me know that a buddy had responded to me. All the other big IMs do this in some way, or offer it as a preference.

I use gaim at work and usually have my sound turned off so when I minimize Gaim or go to work in another app, I never know when a buddy has responded in a conversation. I have to continually focus back on the conversation window to check.

Am I missing it in Gaim or has it been removed? If it's been removed, will it ever be replaced?

Thx,
    C

• Craig Harding
      Craig Harding
      2007-03-16

I think this might be meant for the gaim forum instead of the Extended Prefs forum. The Extended Prefs plugin doesn't deal with taskbar notifications for conversation windows but extra functionality that was removed or features that have been suggested to add for gaim.

Maybe searching the bug tracker for gaim and/or searching/posting in the gaim forum will probably get a response. I believe I read about this problem before for Windows but I'm not totally sure. It might have been a GTK bug but I am totally making a guess here.

http://sourceforge.net/forum/forum.php?forum_id=665