Can't save GAG to Floppy

Help
Bob850
2007-12-03
2013-05-28
  • Bob850
    Bob850
    2007-12-03

I was able to -- exactly once -- save GAG to a floppy diskette.

However, every subsequent time that I attempt to save GAG using the "Save in Floppy" option I receive a "Disk Error" message.

I've tried saving to multiple different floppy diskettes without success.

Would someone please let me know how I can save GAG to a floppy diskette?

Thanks in advance.

Bob850

• gk67
      gk67
      2007-12-04

Hi Bob! :-)

If (probably) your floppy drive is the A: and you're running win nt -2000 - xp, just double clicking the file install_XP.cmd, will do the job.
      (If you're running dos-win 3.1-95-98-me, double click the install.bat instead).

(I suppose that you don't have nowadays, more than one floppy drives).

Normally you don't have to do nothing else.

If you're running into problems with multiple formated floppies, why don't burn the iso onto a cd?
      Once upon a time, floppies were a great peripheral, even if you had a hard disk, but today's floppies are made of horrible quality. It's a pity, but you can't trust a today's floppy. Unfortunately, receiving "disk error" messages form floppies, is the rule, not the exception.

Greetings!!! :-)

• Bob850
        Bob850
        2007-12-05

Hello Elf Wizard,

I appreciate your quick and very helpful response to my question.

Your suggestion to double click the install.bat file on the GAG CD worked perfectly and installed GAG to a diskette in my A:\ drive.  Once installed, I could add, delete, and save operating systems on the diskette using GAG.

I understand your comments about the unreliability of today's diskettes, which is why I always make multiple copies of critical diskettes (such as boot diskettes.)

The reason that I use boot diskettes at all for my Fedora 4 and Fedora 8 installations (located on my second and third hard disks) is because I'm still running Windows 98 on my first hard drive for legacy applications.  Symantec's GoBack (which I use to protect Windows 98 from inadvertent errors) doesn't work if GRUB is installed directly to the first disk Master Boot Record.

Thanks again!

Bob

• gk67
          gk67
          2007-12-05

Hi Bob! :-)

THANK YOU VERY MUCH for your kind words!!!
          It's really nice to see, that your problem solved!
          I'm really happy, if I helped you a bit!

Best Regards!!!
          Giorgos. :-)