Work at SourceForge, help us to make it a better place! We have an immediate need for a Support Technician in our San Francisco or Denver office.

Close

GAG and Vista Boot Manager

Help
Dan
2008-07-22
2013-05-28
  • Dan
    Dan
    2008-07-22

I have a new computer which came with a hard disk with already 3 active partitions: Dell Utility (FAT16), Recovery (NTFS) and Vista (NTFS). I decided to install WinXP on a fourth active partition that I formatted also in NTFS. I hid all the other partitions and made the last partition active prior to installing WinXT on it. Everything went OK so my next step was to install GAG 4.9 and have a dual boot Vista/WinXP system.  It works OK but with this particularuty: when I boot to Vista I am sent to the Vista Boot Manager menu where I have again to select Vista. I thought that GAG was bypassing completely the WinXP and Vista boot managers. How come I still have to go through the Vista Boot Manager? How can I avoid this annoyance? Thanks in advance.

Dan

• gk67
      gk67
      2008-07-22

Hi Dan! :-)

Why bother?
      You can just change the delay to vista boot manager from 30 to 1 sec, so it wont delay the startup process. Just make sure that vista boot manager is autoselecting vista for booting up.

OK! Just my personal opinion!
      Greets!!!
      Giorgos. :-)