How to forward mail which already in gmail?

mezl
2005-08-02
2013-04-03
  • mezl
    mezl
    2005-08-02

Hi,
    how could I forward the mail with attachment which already upload in gmail inbox?
    GMConnector.send(GMSendMailBody) only can send mail from local.

• SiuYing
      SiuYing
      2005-08-02

You would have to download the message, process it (add quote, "Fw:" to title, ...etc), and send it.

I believe gmail do it in the same way.

• mezl
      mezl
      2005-08-02

Thanks, there is no doubt about process message like that, but my point is about the attachment. I try to forward 10MB which already in my mail box. It only takes few second to forward to another e-mail box. I believe gmail didn't download 10Mb attachment and upload again in few second. So, my question is about how to forward the file which already in gmail server to another e-mail? Thanks your help.

• SiuYing
        SiuYing
        2005-08-07

I have not considered this point before, currently you cannot do it using g4j

right, gmail allow you forward attachments without actually downloading them. It is done by adding a a field "attach" in the form of send mail, with content ${message_id}_${thread_id}_${attachment_id}, for example ... 1058f6827d2331bb_1058f5579b0a7af4_0.1 ... i hope i can manage some time to add this soon...

• SiuYing
          SiuYing
          2005-08-07

Update: you actually can do it in g4j.... the existing GMSendMailBody.addAttachment(String file) should do the job, you just have to manage to get the id of the attachment

• mezl
            mezl
            2005-08-15

Thanks a lot! I use this method make a small GUI program that can let user forward a lot of attachment mail to another mailbox at same time. It can use for move a lot of file from GDrive to another GDrive or to another mail box. I saw you were woking at sending mail in g4j. Maybe you can add this function in it. In addition, do you have any idea about send mail in Chinese? I try to send Chinese(zh_TW) but got a lot of junk. Any idea? Thanks again!

• This could be implemented to this idea too :

Suppose you have a lot of messages with files (attachments). The visitors of your site want to download a file.
      An applet will display all files. Someone clicks on a file and finally the applet sends the file by email wich the visitor filled out.

So with this feature you dont have to upload files one by one and have links on your site, and second you can keep track of your requests and use these email for newsletter promotion etc.