g15daemon-audacious crashes at start

Help
BenQ
2010-09-17
2013-04-24
  • BenQ

BenQ - 2010-09-17

Hello G15Deamon Help Forum,

I discovered a problem with the G15tools. I already posted a bugreport months ago to my distributor but there is no advance with this problem.

At first I have to say that – and all the others with the same Problem – use the Logitech Z-10 Speakers. In the past I used g15daemon-audacious to display nice bars an the title and so on my Speakers LCD Display, looked quite chic. But after some changes in my distribution g15daemon-audacious crashes when I start it up. On the other hand on my old non updated Debian distri it works quite well.

There is a Buffer Overflow but I don't really see where the Problem is.

The following dump was made with:

Package: audacious

State: installed

Automatically installed: no

Version: 2.3-1ubuntu4

and

Package: g15daemon-audacious

State: installed

Automatically installed: no

Version: 2.5.7-3ubuntu1

http://pastebin.com/27Tusy3N

An other problem concerns g15stats. Sometimes when it starts up the display rotates the different display modes very fast. I never touched any of the capacitive buttons, but Im not sure maybe this is a hardwareproblem.

The bugreport for ubuntu can be seen under: https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/g15daemon-audacious/+bug/573627

I and some other followers would be very thankful if someone could fix this or give us a hint how to get it working again.

Best regards

TheLynx

• MeduZaPaT

MeduZaPaT - 2010-09-22

Hello, I have the same (from a long time) problem, with a G15 (orange screen), instant crash on plugins activation. the dump is similar
    plugin preferences works, but I can't activate the plugin.

• BenQ

BenQ - 2011-04-15

Hmm,

no activity for a long time is someone already maintaining this Software? This bug should not to hard to fix for someone how knows the codebase of the g15daemon and has the technical background…

• Arnaud Fortier

Arnaud Fortier - 2011-04-15

Yes sounds dead :(

• Constantin Zankl

same here :'-{

I also dont see why the audacious plugin crashes when it gets activated…

• MeduZaPaT

MeduZaPaT - 2011-04-15

something changes in the last version of audacious, so we need to find what changes, and fix it, right now I have no time, but in 2 weeks I can check the code, and try to find a solution.

• Constantin Zankl

Hmm, sounds good maybe I can help you. Im also a bit Busy atm but if there is time I will show up here again, ok?

So Long…

• MeduZaPaT

MeduZaPaT - 2011-04-15

yep, I first need to read all the code and them read the plugin api, if I need help I will post here.

• Constantin Zankl

Hi, any advance in this topic? I had time to read the code but in dont see what the problem is…