Work at SourceForge, help us to make it a better place! We have an immediate need for a Support Technician in our San Francisco or Denver office.
The Turkish lira was changed to an abbreviation of 'TL' in 2009 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Turkish_lira#Second_Turkish_lira), but in FXComps it is still YTL (Currencies.as).
Thanks for reporting this issue. According to this site (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Turkish_lira)
the current currency of Turkey is (ISO CODE): TRY
sign or symbol: http://www.fileformat.info/info/unicode/char/20ba/index.htm (U+20BA)
The currency symbol was TL until 1 March 2012.
If I understand it well I must set the currency symbol to U+20BA.
I will change the following line
symbols[TRY] = "YTL";
symbols[TRY] = "\u20ba";
Do you agree with me?
I opened this ticket because one of our (Turkish) users reported it in our application. Also on wikipedia it says "In the transition period between January 2005 and December 2008, the second Turkish lira was officially called Yeni Türk Lirası (New Turkish lira). It was officially abbreviated "YTL" and subdivided into 100 new kuruş (yeni kuruş). Starting in January 2009, the "new" marking was removed from the second Turkish lira, its official name becoming just "Turkish lira" again, abbreviated "TL"."
So from that info it seems you only need to remove the Y from symbols[TRY] = "YTL", making it symbols[TRY] = "TL";
I wonder where we could ask to make sure.
So they use TL instead of U+20BA as a symbol. Can you contact your Turkish users to confirm it?
If they use TL I change the code:
symbols[TRY] = "TL";
Confirm it and tomorrow I post a new version of FXCompsLib.
Or I change the symbol to TL. I can fix it later if we are wrong. :)
Tomorrow I post a new version. Contact me if I forget it.
Thank you for your help,
Yep, just checked the original feedback ticket, and the Turkish user works for a Turkish advertising agency and clearly specified the currency code is now "TL" instead of "YTL".
Thank you as well for being responsive.
Turkish currency symbol has been changed.
Old value: YTL
New value: TL
Laszlo, I've just downloaded v2.1.1 and, if I'm not mistaking, it seems that you reverted the changes at http://sourceforge.net/p/fxcomps/tickets/1/#bf78, and perhaps others? Was this intentional?
No. I will fix it asap.
Thanks for reporting this.
I checked the files. I didn't reverted anything. I think I published the latest version.
I packed the project files again and I posted them to fxcomps.sf.net.
Maybe I'm wrong. In this case contact me again.
Many thanks again for your feedbacks,
You're right, there are no reverted changes, I'm sorry. Although there are other changes from v2.1.0 which cause compilation errors with Flex SDK v4.11:
- \src\com\fxcomps\collection\ReportArrayCollection.as now has "protected var sort_:Sort = null;" but had "protected var sort_:ISort = null;" in 2.1.0. The compilation error is "Interface method get sort in namespace mx.collections:ICollectionView is implemented with an incompatible signature in class com.fxcomps.collection:ReportArrayCollection. line 30"
- \src\com\fxcomps\window\TableReportViewerBox.mxml now has "var sort:Sort = (table.dataProvider as ReportArrayCollection).sort;" but had "var sort:ISort = (table.dataProvider as ReportArrayCollection).sort;" in 2.1.0
Also, now eclipse is throwing many dialogues which say:
"Error validating server certificate for https://www.secretica.com:443:
- Unknown certificate issuer
Distinguished name: (null), (null), (null), (null), (null) ((null))
- Hostname mismatch (vmi11103.contabo.net)"
I forgot to remove the .svn folder from the zip file.
www.secretica.com (vmi11103.contabo.net) is my private server. Forget it.
Download the zip file again.
And forgive me. :( The published library is for Flex 3.6. Currently I cannot maintain another branch for 4.11. (I have no time. :()
No worries, and thanks again for the fast response.
(Just downloaded from http://fxcomps.sourceforge.net/, and there's no change. You might have omitted to upload, or sourceforge maybe is taking its time. But no rush.)
If you publish the source code, I'm happy to contribute patch files for the 4.11 SDK.