Learn how easy it is to sync an existing GitHub or Google Code repo to a SourceForge project! See Demo

Close

POST requests are missing parameters - fix?

Anonymous
2010-04-14
2013-04-03

• Anonymous
    2010-04-14

Great work!

I had a problem with missing POST params. Either "__EVENTVALIDATION" or "__VIEWSTATE" or both  were missing and this generated exceptions on all postbacks. I added the parameters in the code getting them from the previous GET requests. I had to UrlEcode the parameter values for them to be parsed correctly on the server.  Then the postbacks worked! :)

I guess there is some bug in the proxy and when it can't get the parameters correctly it just omits them. I guess they should be UrlDecode-d in order to be correct and not generate errors.

So the final code should look like this:

CurrentRequest.PostParams.Add(new RequestParam(@"__VIEWSTATE", HttpUtility.UrlEncode(@"…")));
    CurrentRequest.PostParams.Add(new RequestParam(@"__EVENTVALIDATION", HttpUtility.UrlEncode(@"…")));

System.Web should be added by default to the assembly list.

I hope this helps. :)

• Anonymous
    2010-04-15

I've fixed the bug with post parameters. The problem was with UrlEncoding/Decoding the parameters as I thought. I changed SetRequestData and ParseRequestData methods in BaseTemplateExecuteClass.cs and made a small change in IExplorerRecorder.cs. Whould you like me to send you the files?