The Fuse team is pleased to announce the release of version 0.6.2 of the Free Unix Spectrum Emulator (Fuse) and associated utilities, as well as version 0.2.1 of libspectrum, the Spectrum file format and information library. These are now available from the Fuse home page, http://fuse-emulator.sourceforge.net/
Mac OS X versions should follow shortly.
Major improvements in this release include:
[ Fuse ]
* Support for using real joysticks.
* The 'poke finder': a built-in Lifeguard like utility.
* Black and white TV emulation (optional!)
* 'Undoable' disks: writes to disk images will not be committed to disk unless explicitly requested by the user.
* Improved interrupt handling in the Z80 core.
For full details, see the ChangeLog at http://fuse-emulator.sourceforge.net/fuse.ChangeLog
[ fuse-utils ]
* New snap2tzx utility for converting snapshots to .tzx files (heavily based on Tomaz Kac's Z802TZX utility).
[ libspectrum ]
* Transparent reading of gzipped and bzipped files