Full screen - possible to fix aspect ratio?

Help
2011-01-19
2013-01-01
  • Phil Reynolds
    Phil Reynolds
    2011-01-19

I have additionally compiled the SDL flavour of fuse, in order to get full screen mode. I am not actually surprised that it completely fills the screen, but it does result in things looking wider than they ought to on my 16:10 ratio screen.

Whereas that might be desirable sometimes, I am wondering if it might be possible to have a "full height, 4:3" mode available by some means. Is this likely to be possible, or is it perhaps already easy?

• This is because the OS/graphics driver tells SDL Fuse that it supports a fullscreen mode like 800x600 which Fuse innocently tries to select thinking it will be a traditional 4:3 image and your OS/graphics driver tries to "help" by stretching to occupy all your 16:10 screen. There can be an option about to not do that in your graphics/OS setup sometimes, but the SDL graphics APIs don't tell you the aspect ratio of the resulting full screen.

• Phil Reynolds
    Phil Reynolds
    2011-01-29

I can confirm that I have found a setting on at least one of my systems that centres rather than stretches.