fuppes detected ONLY under music on ps3

Help
2010-02-11
2013-04-25
  • jiggersplat
    jiggersplat
    2010-02-11

    i have fuppes .661 built from source running on ubuntu 9.10.  i have tested it successfully with an xbmc installation on another computer on my LAN.  i have enabled the ps3 device in the fuppes.cfg and added several video file types (pasted below).  my ps3 will only detect the server under the music menu.  if i search for media servers under the photo menu or video menu i get "no media servers were found".   anyone have any tips?  i've googled about and can't find any other accounts of this problem.

       <device name="PS3" enabled="true">
          <user_agent>UPnP/1.0 DLNADOC/1.50</user_agent>
          <user_agent>PLAYSTATION3</user_agent>
          <!--<ip></ip>-->
          <enable_dlna>true</enable_dlna>
          <transcoding_release_delay>50</transcoding_release_delay>
          <file_settings>
            <file ext="ogg">
              <type>AUDIO_ITEM_MUSIC_TRACK</type>
              <transcode enabled="true">
                <http_encoding>stream</http_encoding>
              </transcode>
            </file>
            <file ext="avi">
              <type>VIDEO_ITEM</type>
              <mime_type>video/x-divx</mime_type>
            </file>
            <file ext="mpg">
              <type>VIDEO_ITEM</type>
              <transcode enabled="true">
                <transcoder>ffmpeg</transcoder>
                <mime_type>video/mpeg</mime_type>
                <ext>mpg</ext>
                <video_codec>copy</video_codec>
                <audio_codec>mp2</audio_codec>
                <audio_samplerate>44100</audio_samplerate>
                <audio_bitrate>192000</audio_bitrate>
              </transcode>
            </file>
        <file ext="avi">
          <type>VIDEO_ITEM</type>
          <mime_type>video/x-divx</mime_type>
          <transcode enabled="true">
            <transcoder>ffmpeg</transcoder>
            <ext>mpg</ext>
            <mime_type>video/mpeg</mime_type>
            <video_codec vcodec="msmpeg4">mpeg1video</video_codec>
            <video_bitrate>1800000</video_bitrate>
            <audio_codec acodec="wmav2">mp2</audio_codec>
            <audio_samplerate>44100</audio_samplerate>
            <audio_bitrate>192000</audio_bitrate>
          </transcode>
        </file>
          </file_settings>
        </device>
    
     
  • Well…you seem to have two

    <file ext="avi">
    

    items; which is not recommended. Actually I believe that the behavior for that is undefined. And your user agent seems to be different than what is recommended on the wiki; you have two of them and only the top one is required. Try removing the second avi line and the second user agent line and see what happens. :)