Help
unite 01
2010-05-02
2013-04-25
  • unite 01
    unite 01
    2010-05-02

Hello,

i have been trying to setup fuppes to work with my samsung b7000 led tv, but it seems that the files that are listed doesnt work trough fuppes (they do with the samsung dlna server)

if someone worked out the right config file could you paste it here ? thx :)

• Well first things first. Did you compile fuppes with the -enable-dlna flag; probably best to do it explicitly just in case. And I have no experience with the device so I do not have a config that I can guarantee will work; but I can try and help.

• unite 01
    unite 01
    2010-05-03

hello,

thank you very much for your reply, i forgot to mention that i am using the windows release on a xp client.

unless there is also the posibility to compile it under xp ?

thanks

• Right, currently I believe that Ulrich cross compiles fuppes for windows using mingw so there might not be any compiling going on there. However you can still download Wireshark for Windows and watch the communication bettween Fuppes and your Samsung device and maybe one of us will be able to see where the problem lies…I just realised that we need a guide to help people configure new and non-standard devices; I'm going to think about how to do that. In the meantime you could try editing the config and seeing if any files at all are shared from fuppes. Because when you say they do not work, do you mean that they do not even get listed on the screen?

• unite 01
    unite 01
    2010-05-04

hello,

the files fuppes share are listed on the device but cannot be played but using the samsung server they do play

i will try and see what i can do with wireshark

thanks

• We need to write a standard interface test of some sort. New people can run it and it looks at their devices and the messages that get sent back and forth, you know, do useful stuff. Actually, I'm going to put that on the higher level of my todo list but there is no way that I will be doing it that soon. Sorry that I could not help more but please let me know what sort of success you are having with wireshark. I would be interested to see a more experienced user could do it themselves; as a temporary guide.