Work at SourceForge, help us to make it a better place! We have an immediate need for a Support Technician in our San Francisco or Denver office.

Close

compile problems with ffmpegthumbnailer

Help
Mike
2010-02-11
2013-04-25
  • Mike
    Mike
    2010-02-11

hi,

i use debian sid and compile fuppes about the debian way. but i have some trouble to let the make prozess to kown the right directory for the include files.

the configure

checking for FFMPEGTHUMBNAILER… yes

configure:18025: checking for FFMPEGTHUMBNAILER
    ac_cv_env_FFMPEGTHUMBNAILER_CFLAGS_set=
    ac_cv_env_FFMPEGTHUMBNAILER_CFLAGS_value=
    ac_cv_env_FFMPEGTHUMBNAILER_LIBS_set=set
    ac_cv_env_FFMPEGTHUMBNAILER_LIBS_value=/usr/include/libffmpegthumbnailer
    pkg_cv_FFMPEGTHUMBNAILER_CFLAGS=' '
    pkg_cv_FFMPEGTHUMBNAILER_LIBS=/usr/include/libffmpegthumbnailer
    FFMPEGTHUMBNAILER_CFLAGS=' '
    FFMPEGTHUMBNAILER_LIBS='/usr/include/libffmpegthumbnailer'
    FFMPEGTHUMBNAILER_METADATA_PLUGIN_FALSE='#'
    FFMPEGTHUMBNAILER_METADATA_PLUGIN_TRUE=''

make[1]: Entering directory `/home/mdomann/source/fuppes/fuppes/src/plugins'
    /bin/sh ../../libtool  --tag=CXX   --mode=compile g++ -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I../../src     -g -O2 -MT libmetadata_ffmpegthumbnailer_la-metadata_ffmpegthumbnailer.lo -MD -MP -MF .deps/libmetadata_ffmpegthumbnailer_la-metadata_ffmpegthumbnailer.Tpo -c -o libmetadata_ffmpegthumbnailer_la-metadata_ffmpegthumbnailer.lo `test -f 'metadata_ffmpegthumbnailer.cpp' || echo './'`metadata_ffmpegthumbnailer.cpp
    libtool: compile:  g++ -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I../../src -g -O2 -MT libmetadata_ffmpegthumbnailer_la-metadata_ffmpegthumbnailer.lo -MD -MP -MF .deps/libmetadata_ffmpegthumbnailer_la-metadata_ffmpegthumbnailer.Tpo -c metadata_ffmpegthumbnailer.cpp  -fPIC -DPIC -o .libs/libmetadata_ffmpegthumbnailer_la-metadata_ffmpegthumbnailer.o
    metadata_ffmpegthumbnailer.cpp:29:30: error: videothumbnailer.h: No such file or directory
    metadata_ffmpegthumbnailer.cpp:30:24: error: imagetypes.h: No such file or directory
    metadata_ffmpegthumbnailer.cpp: In function 'int read_image(const char*, char**, unsigned char**, size_t*)':
    metadata_ffmpegthumbnailer.cpp:40: error: 'uint8_t' was not declared in this scope
    metadata_ffmpegthumbnailer.cpp:40: error: template argument 1 is invalid
    metadata_ffmpegthumbnailer.cpp:40: error: template argument 2 is invalid
    metadata_ffmpegthumbnailer.cpp:40: error: invalid type in declaration before ';' token
    metadata_ffmpegthumbnailer.cpp:43: error: 'VideoThumbnailer' was not declared in this scope
    metadata_ffmpegthumbnailer.cpp:43: error: expected ';' before 'thumbnailer'
    metadata_ffmpegthumbnailer.cpp:45: error: 'thumbnailer' was not declared in this scope
    metadata_ffmpegthumbnailer.cpp:45: error: 'Jpeg' was not declared in this scope
    metadata_ffmpegthumbnailer.cpp:51: error: request for member 'size' in 'data', which is of non-class type 'int'
    metadata_ffmpegthumbnailer.cpp:56: error: request for member 'at' in 'data', which is of non-class type 'int'
    metadata_ffmpegthumbnailer.cpp:56: error: request for member 'size' in 'data', which is of non-class type 'int'
    make[1]: *** [libmetadata_ffmpegthumbnailer_la-metadata_ffmpegthumbnailer.lo] Error 1
    make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/mdomann/source/fuppes/fuppes/src/plugins'
    make: *** [all-recursive] Error 1

the dir in configure is right, but the headers were not found. any tries to set the env variable FFMPEGTHUMBNAILER_LIBS=/usr/include/libffmpegthumbnailer/ are also without succes.

any hints? TIA micha

• Hmmm, compiling ffmpegthumbnailer on Debian. I am working my way upto it (I've been using Ubuntu until the last week). I'll try it out over the course of the next week. I'm sorry that I cannot be more help more immediately. If you want to check out more about what I've trying to do involving fuppes and debian then take a look here.

• Anonymous
    2010-06-01

I think this is due to a wrong ffmpegthumbnailer version. The current version of fuppes is notworking with v2.x, it needs v1.5 of ffmpegthumbnailer.

I had the same issues. To solve it, either downgrade your ffmpegthumbnailer to an older version or try replacing the file in <local-fuppes-SVN-copy>/src/plugins/ with this one:
    http://blog.karl-reichert.com/fp-content/attachs/metadata_ffmpegthumbnailer.cpp
    I did it the 2nd way and it works fine :)

Btw, if you're a german, you can find a complete HowTo at http://blog.karl-reichert.com/?x=entry:entry100515-015532