Unchaged files in touched directories updated

Help
2005-04-22
2012-12-07
  • I have a question but I haven't quite figured it out yet.  I'll put it forward anyway.

I'm updating a website via FTP that is run on a Windows box that I have no control over.  The source for the website is generated by Forrest but the local repository is maintained by using rsync from the output of forrest to another directory.  Rsync only copies the files that have changed but I believe it updates the last modified time on the directories it examines.  For example, I changed two files in the output but rsync examines quite a few directories:

Board/
    Board/Minutes/
    Calendars/
    Committees/
    Committees/programs.html
    Disclosures/
    Library/
    MediaReleases/
    NASA_Night_Sky/
    NASA_Space_Place/
    Observing/
    Trading_Post/
    skin/
    skin/images/
    skin/print.css

Fullsync updates every file in every directory touched by rsync, even though none of the files have changed.  Worse it normally comes up with UnexpectedChangeError - Source changed but changed remotely too.

My profile is pretty simple:
    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
    <Profiles>
        <Profile description="Sync Website from Apache Forrest"
            enabled="false" lastErrorLevel="0" lastErrorString=""
            lastUpdate="4/21/05 11:02 PM" name="Website" type="Publish/Update">
            <RuleSetDescriptor type="simple">
                <SimpleRuleSet ignorePattern="_vti_cnf" syncSubs="true" takePattern=
    ""/>
            </RuleSetDescriptor>
            <Schedule/>
            <Source uri="file:///home/user/src/ftp_mirror/"/>
            <Destination buffer="syncfiles" password="XXX"
                uri="ftp://www.mywebsite.org/" username="user"/>
        </Profile>
    </Profiles>

So I think I'm using the right features but I'm always needing to go into the GUI, highlight all the files and say "Overwrite anyway".  Am I doing something wrong with Fullsync?  I *know* that I don't want to point it to the Forrest output directory because I know that it touches every file, every time.  Rsync allows me to do a checksum to see if the file *really* changed.

Thanks!

• Forgive me for replying to my own message but I've thought of some other information I should be supplying.

The source machine is a Linux box which I do have control over.
      The version of Fullsync I'm running is: 0.9 but I saw the same behavior with 0.91.
      I'm working on a really nasty workaround using an interim destination directory and diff.  I'd really like not to resort to this as a final solution ;)