Learn how easy it is to sync an existing GitHub or Google Code repo to a SourceForge project! See Demo

Close

Annoying Exception

Help
Shadowcat
2005-08-01
2012-12-07
  • Shadowcat
    Shadowcat
    2005-08-01

I've taken to syncing up between two Windows XP boxes through samba shares and I've noticed each time I do, I get this nasty little exception that pops up about 400 times giving me this little bit of information:
    jcifs.smb.SmbException: smb://192.168.0.101/Laptop_Backup/Downloads/Etc Backup 8-2-04/gconf/gconf.xml.defaults/schemas/desktop/gnome/thumbnailers/application@x-gnome-theme directory must end with '/'
        at jcifs.smb.SmbFile.doFindFirstNext(SmbFile.java:1706)
        at jcifs.smb.SmbFile.listFiles(SmbFile.java:1606)
        at jcifs.smb.SmbFile.delete(SmbFile.java:2118)
        at jcifs.smb.SmbFile.delete(SmbFile.java:2078)
        at net.sourceforge.fullsync.fs.connection.SmbConnection._delete(SmbConnection.java:152)
        at net.sourceforge.fullsync.fs.connection.InstableConnection.delete(InstableConnection.java:86)
        at net.sourceforge.fullsync.fs.connection.AbstractFile.delete(AbstractFile.java:168)
        at net.sourceforge.fullsync.impl.DeleteNodeEntryDescriptor.finishWrite(DeleteNodeEntryDescriptor.java:50)
        at net.sourceforge.fullsync.buffer.BlockBuffer.flush(BlockBuffer.java:101)
        at net.sourceforge.fullsync.impl.FillBufferTaskExecutor.flush(FillBufferTaskExecutor.java:140)
        at net.sourceforge.fullsync.Synchronizer.performActions(Synchronizer.java:110)
        at net.sourceforge.fullsync.ui.TaskDecisionPage$4.run(TaskDecisionPage.java:212)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

As far as I can tell, this means that it throws an exception while trying to delete either an empty or full directory.  I was wondering if there was just something that I was missing, or if I should file a bug report for it.  I've noticed no one else has had this problem at least as far as I can find.  Let me know.

• Jan Kopcsek
      Jan Kopcsek
      2005-08-04

hm, looks rather interesting. you are right, the problem occurs while FS wants to delete some "file", apparently a directory. either its a problem of the lib we use or it's the way we use it.. mm.. if you don't mind, file a bug report. hopefully miky or i find time to fix some stuff anytime soon.

• marc
      marc
      2005-08-23

same errors here: i have set a task with exact copy and scheduled for every few minutes. the problem is that fullsync cannot delete folders in the destination directory when they do not exist in the source directory. the following error occurs:

an exception occurred: smb://[snip] directory must end with '/'

the above error is on linux (rhel4) as well as windows xp. fullsync has to be force-killed.