Learn how easy it is to sync an existing GitHub or Google Code repo to a SourceForge project! See Demo

Close

Null errors

Help
Kuroneko
2005-08-03
2012-12-07
  • Kuroneko
    Kuroneko
    2005-08-03

Just recently (starting July 30th) I suddenly started getting "Null" errors during sync, also at the same time specific files are refusing to be synced. Any ideas?

• Kuroneko
      Kuroneko
      2005-08-03

Oh, also one more thing I forgot. It's also telling me theres not enough system resources to continue. However, that doesn't make any sense since both units are only using ~10% of thier proc and maybe ~50% of thier RAM, with plenty of HDD space and bandwidth available.

• Jan Kopcsek
      Jan Kopcsek
      2005-08-04

the outofmemory exception you get is caused by the limited amount of memory the java vm may use. it doesn't really interest how much ram you really have (as long as it's more than java is told to use ;)). you should try starting fullsync using the batch/sh file that should be somewhere in the main dir and add a "-Xmx=512m" option to the command line, or how much ram you want the JVM be able to use. (you'll need to edit the batch on win and just call fullsync.sh -Xmx... on linux).

if my explanation is as bad and weird as they usually are, just tell me ;)

i guess the exception you _started_ getting is caused by the out of memory thingy, so it should be gone then. (at least if nothing else changed too)

• Kuroneko
      Kuroneko
      2005-08-05

First off, there doesn't seem to be any batch file in the fullsync dir
      Second, I tried making a batch file and used tha command, but it seems that command made it exit instantly
      Third, I found that the command is really -Xmx512m
      Fourth, that still didn't work

And I just noticed something else with the files that don't sync: even tho they are in the sync list and set to be synced, they aren't synced (duh) but the sync isn't even logged.