Timezone

Help
tanhnhi
2006-05-11
2012-12-07
  • tanhnhi

tanhnhi - 2006-05-11

Hi,

I tried to mirror my local hierachy to a remote FTP server using Exact Copy. The problem is that the lastModified of destination files is always > those of local files (as they are on different timezone), which cause FullSync to reupload all the hierachy each time the upload task is launched, eventhough there's no physical change. What I wanna do is to define a rule set which take into account the offset date between local and remote system, like
    DEFINE SYNC "date < date-offset"

After looking at de source code, I've found that this is not possible at the moment. But it seems not so difficult to add this functionality (in the next version perhaps??)

Any solution for my problem?

Best regards

• Jan Kopcsek

Jan Kopcsek - 2006-06-11

Nice idea ;)

Anyway, the main problem you have is that Exact Copy is not compatible with FTP servers (yet?). The problem is that many ftp servers do not... mm... just look here: http://sourceforge.net/forum/forum.php?thread_id=1498490&forum_id=394534

So try using Publish/Update (which results in pretty much the same as exact copy just with a bit more caution when overriding changes). I don't really know if it works with the timezone difference. But it should... yes, sure, it should work as the remote time is never used. The local modification timestamps of the files are stored on the remote server (in one file) and used to find local changes.