Hello , everyone ! I have a very strange problem with FTGL . I set up
a polygon font to Ariel, since its a standard font , but I'm having a
problem displaying SOME of the Cyrillic characters . For example the 'a'
doesn't display and breaks the rendering sequence . Has anyone had a
similar problem ?
PS: I'm on ubuntu with FTGL from the repo-s which is 2.1.3 .. I should
probably update the library . Still any help would be appreciated .
I thought I'd seen somewhere that the last version was 3.x.x but , I
guess I was wrong , the 2.1.3 is the last stable (according to source
Here's a screenshot with my test on all characters cyrillic
(bulgarian) + latin :
(I guess I was wrong that a broken character breaks the rendering
sequence or it just happened in some other circumstances ) . The same
result comes out with 5-6 more fonts by the way , so it should be an
FTGL problem .
Ok , sorry for triple posting , but I figured it out to some extent :
The problem was caused by calling the font->Advance(some_string) outside
of the display function . That resulted in FTGL omitting the letters in
some_string later on when I tried to draw them . I worked around that by
initializing a separate identical font2 which I use to draw in the
display fonction .
Here's a guy with a similar problem