Maintenance release 1.1.1 is published. Contains one critical bug fix.
Next release 1.1 is ready. Now it is possible to edit cards from the study window and undo dictionary modifications.
Maintenance release 1.0.2 is ready. It contains one crash fix and several small improvements.
Maintenance release 1.0.1 is ready. It contains several small bug fixes and improvements. Added Czech, Finnish and Ukrainian translations.
The version 1.0 is ready. Meet new amazing features and keep your memory fresh!
The final 0.4 version is ready.
In comparison with the beta, the final version contains fixes to a couple of minor bugs. It doesn't add any new features or concepts. All core functionality was introduced in 0.4-alpha.
Fresh Memory 0.4-beta arrived. A really big amount of bugs were fixed. The main goal of this release is to stabilize and improve the usability.
The final 0.4 release is expected around 15 Dec. It will not have major changes anymore. That version will include only critical bug fixes if they are found.
Alpha release of 0.4 Fresh Memory is out! The main features are the spaced repetition (based on SM2 algorithm) and support of multifield cards.
Alpha release means the functionality is totally implemented, but it can still include major bugs or GUI inconsistencies. Version 0.4-beta will be released around 1 Dec 2008.
Fresh Memory is a tool for studying and refreshing foreign words. It manages a set of dictionaries and performs various word tests: Flash cards, Multiple choice, etc.
Changed the dictionary file format for an XML-based one (FMD: Freshmemory dictionary).
Added import and export from/to CSV file formats.
Added a new "Example" field to cards.
- The keyword in an example is automatically highlighted in the test view. The keyword is either the exact match of the "Question" field or a word prefixed with '%' character. Flashcards test:
- Added "Show answers" checkbox
- When card contents were changed, the card is immediately updated in the test view
- If one or more cards are removed, the situation is gracefully handled and the test view is properly updated
- When trying to start already running test, switch to the test view
- Polished the GUI
Window state saving for both main and test views.
Main window features:
- Recent files
- Save copy (like "Save as" but doesn't change the name of the current file)
- Show/hide toolbars
- Convinience: Replace the Ctrl+D "Delete cards" hotkey with Del.
- Added "Add regexp" button. It displays a menu of commonly used regular expressions.
- Polished the GUI Command-line arguments:
- Added --help, -h options
- The program accepts a dictionary filename to be loaded. This makes possible to bind the .fmd dictionary files with freshmemory program.
At last the minimalist web-page was changed to a real web-site. It contains a lot of useful information about installation and usage of Fresh Memory. Check it once in a while for future updates.
Fresh Memory 0.2 binaries for Linux are available. Both i386 and AMD64 platforms are supported, choose the appropriate package.
QT >= 4.2
Standard C++ libraries
Fresh Memory binary for 32-bit Windows is available.
The package contains all necessary dll's for running the application. You just need to unpack the archive. Three archive types are available:
- exe (self-extracting archive)
Fresh Memory is a tool for studying and refreshing foreign words. It manages a set of dictionaries and performs various word tests such as Flash cards, Multiple choice, etc.
Feature: Inserting and removing cards (rows)
Feature: Cut/Copy/Paste cards with the system clipboard
Feature: Find cards
- all standard find options
- regular expressions
- Find Again action Add icons to buttons and windows
Add About dialog
Add --version, -v options
Add options to the project file to enable the following commands:
- make release
- make install, make release install (Linux) A lot of bugs fixed
This is the first release of Fresh Memory. All basic features are already implemented:
- Creating, loading, editing, saving dictionaries
- Flash card test
Download and take a first taste!