development of Freeship as GPL ?

Users
2007-02-06
2013-04-19
  • Nicolas Vivier
    Nicolas Vivier
    2007-02-06

If anyone would be interested in continuing the development of Freeship (based on 2.6 version) he can write it here. I'm interested in it and maybe not the only one.

Kind regards
    Nicolas

• Ries van twisk
      Ries van twisk
      2007-02-06

I might be interested in making it work on OS-X.

A good idea would be using the QT toolkit from trolltech that has all the features we need for cross platform developments.

Ries

• Nicolas Vivier
      Nicolas Vivier
      2007-02-07

No problem for me as I'm a kubuntu user but I think we should keep Windows compatibility.

Nicolas

• Stefan Probst
      Stefan Probst
      2007-02-19

Nicolas,

as it stands now, there are two groups:

First group wants to port FREE!ship to C (or C++ etc.) and continue development there.

Second group (which is right now actually only Alain and myself) want to stick with Delphi, with a possible modification at some time so that it can compiled under Lazarus/Free Pascal.

"Second" Group has no major ambition besides making improvements that are done by its members available to the community, and maybe coordinate a bit. I don't think that we will ever reach the speed at which Martijn was developing and releasing new versions.

So, if you can compile FREE!ship and are interested in making improvements etc., you are more than welcome. Drop me a line!

Stefan