Delphi 2006 Build

2007-01-10
2013-04-19
  • Hi there,

Congratulations to the developer for a quite remarkable software. Tried the executable and thought I would have a look at the code but could not compile the project.

Started by looking at the FreePackage and upon building I got the following output in the debugger:

[Pascal Error] FreeShipUnit.pas(11850): E2035 Not enough actual parameters
    [Pascal Fatal Error] FreeControlPointFrm.pas(83): F2063 Could not compile used unit 'FreeShipUnit'

As I do no really know the code, I thought I would check if one of you knows what the problem might be (if any).

Any help would be much appreciated as I can't wait to look into the code... Was thinking of bolting onto the software a CFD code I wrote...

Thanks

David

• Garibeos
      Garibeos
      2007-01-14

Hello !
      I had the same Error, same line.
      For the first try I only commented it out... and didn't have any problems with it.
      Of course not the best idea... but I only wanted to check if the source can be compiled with the delphi trial version...

Actually I think you need to add "(self)" behind the last command like:
         if Assigned(OnChangeLayerData) then OnChangeLayerData(self);
      This seems to work but I am not 100 percent sure if it's correct at this position...
      ...but in line 9260 it is similar:
         if assigned(Owner.OnChangeLayerData) then Owner.OnChangeLayerData(self);

So if I include "(self)" at the end and then follow the steps described in the users forum
      http://sourceforge.net/forum/forum.php?thread_id=1645193&forum_id=512648
      I can compile the source code.

I remember the first time I also had 2 other errors where I deleted a comma.... - but I didn't have the problems this time. So I think this was back when I didn't have that package inluded... - So forget about it.

Garibeos